Eagles trade a 5th and Marcus Johnson for Seahawks Michael Bennett and a 7th Round Pick [UPDATE: Bennett Indicted?]

Blahstoise

Some people will try to draw a connection to the Eagles. Not sure I'd like that. I'd rather bring Celek back if he's willing to come back on a pay cut. As for adding another TE to replace Burton, I'd prefer to add someone younger. 

Just now, RollEagles said:
Some people will try to draw a connection to the Eagles. Not sure I'd like that. I'd rather bring Celek back if he's willing to come back on a pay cut. As for adding another TE to replace Burton, I'd prefer to add someone younger. 

Not interested in having Celek or Bennett on this team next year honestly.

Just now, 808 said:

We all know an Eagles roster move wouldn’t be worth a damn if @Danger didn’t hate on it.

Good job Howie! 

Don't think I hate on every move. I've actually been one of the bigger proponents of Howie over the years. I'm not even necessarily "hating on it", I just don't find it optimal. 

4 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I don't think they are even close to equal talent. Bennett is clearly much better. 

4 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

by a long way. I don't even think this can be close.|

Only reason I'm not completely in love with this move is because i think Bennett is a bit of an a-hole. 

You guys are either way underrating Curry or thinking this is the Bennett of a few years ago. They are pretty comparable talents in terms of impact they have. Certainly don't see the argument for "not even close"

Curry

42 tackles, 3 sacks, 47 pressures, 14 stuffs* (1st) in 576 snaps

84.8 PFF grade

Bennett

40 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 44 pressures, 8 stuffs* in 931 snaps

80.6 PFF grade

*I just manually found stuffs by searching for run plays where RB went for 0 or less

I'm happy with the deal, keeping Curry did not seem realistic and instead we get a great alternative for a fraction of the price. Hopefully our DL doesn't miss a beat in its' dominance which it showed for most of the season.

Archived