Post combine mock

bosko1616

Free Agency 

Trade pick 64 and a future conditional pick for Jarvis Landry WR - I know, I know inflated numbers. Not worth it but honestly I think we’re going to have a tough time convincing guys to come here  Landry is an ideal slot and although he’ll cost a pretty penny. He’s Young, Talented and will be here for the future with Darnold. Plus we keep him away from the Ravens who are very,very interested. 

AJ McCarron QB 3yr - 50 mill

Bashaud Breeland CB 3yr - 30 mill 

Terrelle Pryor Sr WR 2yr - 15 mill

Dee Ford DE 1 yr - 5 mill 

Draft.

1. Sam Darnold QB - I’m starting to lean more toward Rosen at 1. I think his combination of picture perfect mechanics and high IQ make him an easy transition. But Darnolds 2016 tape was just unbelievable, sure he needs some footwork help and will take time to transition but I think he could be Big Ben good. 

2. Giants - Josh Rosen QB 

3. Broncos(Trade) - Josh Allen QB 

4. Okay hear me out Barkley’s here, yay! It’s a no brainer, right ? Well here’s the thing there was just a massive run on QBs. And Mayfield is the only one left worth trading up for. Teams like the Jets,Cardinals,Redskins,Dolphins, and Bills are obviously still looking for their QBOTF. Will it hurt to pass on Barkley ? Yes. Can we get the same amount of production out of a committee backfield ? Yes. I’m taking the later here and grabbing more assets.

Trade** Bills Trade 21 and 22 plus a 2nd and 5th and future picks ( its a lot but for a team that made the playoffs and doesn’t like its QB they make this blockbuster move ) 

21. Mike Mcglinchey T - Joe Thomas is either done or in his last year. We still don’t know what he’s going to look like when he comes back. We need this security regardless. 

22. Mike Hughes CB - did he have some problems in North Carolina ? Yes, but his talent is unquestioned I think he’s this years Marcus Peters. He’s a legit CB 1 prospect.

33. Darius Guice RB - we need a bruiser he’s our guy love his passion and motivation. I expect big things from him year one. 

35. Sam Hubbard DE - is this a need ? No however if you look at teams like the eagles they can 3-4 deep at PR . Our DLine is close to being elite. The fresher the bodies the more pressure you’ll see. He’s not a speed guy but he’s a motor guy and I love the way he plays. 

53. Bill Price G/C - Dear god. 2 OSU players back to back. Have mercy. Hear me out this is also not a need but at the same time the executives who decided tretter wasn’t worth keeping around at Green Bay are here. Is he a decent player ? absolutely. But Billy Price is better and has the ability to be special and with his injury he’ll have time to fully recover. He’s our future at C. 

64. Terrell Edmunds FS - will he be here ? I want to say yes but his Combine might have put him out of range. Because this is my Mock I say he’s here and he’s a steal. He’s our long, rangy deep FS of the future. And With the additions of breeland and Hughes I have McCourty starting the year at FS with Edmunds filling in regularly. Athletic as hell. And doesn’t shy away from contact. 

85. Josey Jowell LB - love this kid. He’s just a football player. His comp for me is schobert and is a great insurance policy if he goes down or gets greedy on his extension. He’s not going blow you away athletically but his instincts and anticipation are top notch. 

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

Trade** Bills Trade 21 and 22 plus a 2nd and 5th and future picks ( its a lot but for a team that made the playoffs and doesn’t like its QB they make this blockbuster move ) 

You lost me here. We better get 3 #1s to even consider falling way back into the 20s and letting another team into the top 5 to have the choice of their franchise QB or the best player in the draft.

8 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

You lost me here. We better get 3 #1s to even consider falling way back into the 20s and letting another team into the top 5 to have the choice of their franchise QB or the best player in the draft.

That’s why I put future picks. I don’t really know we’re the value starts and ends with picks. Typically future picks hold less value. And with them have two first that’s a start. Plus a 2nd we could ask for both 2nds Possibly like u want the future 1st. I just left the future considerations up to the reader 

Solid work overall, though I agree that Hubbard doesn't seem like an upgrade and doesn't seem to be bringing anything new to the table. I like the players in the trade back but would wait at least a round before I touch Jewell. This is a very deep linebacker class, and his poor combine showing will definitely make him fall a bit. I could see him going in the fifth round to be honest. And Sam Darnold is my QB3 so wouldn't be happy or sad about it.

5 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Free Agency 

Trade pick 64 and a future conditional pick for Jarvis Landry WR - I know, I know inflated numbers. Not worth it but honestly I think we’re going to have a tough time convincing guys to come here  Landry is an ideal slot and although he’ll cost a pretty penny. He’s Young, Talented and will be here for the future with Darnold. Plus we keep him away from the Ravens who are very,very interested. 

AJ McCarron QB 3yr - 50 mill

Bashaud Breeland CB 3yr - 30 mill 

Terrelle Pryor Sr WR 2yr - 15 mill

Dee Ford DE 1 yr - 5 mill 

Draft.

1. Sam Darnold QB - I’m starting to lean more toward Rosen at 1. I think his combination of picture perfect mechanics and high IQ make him an easy transition. But Darnolds 2016 tape was just unbelievable, sure he needs some footwork help and will take time to transition but I think he could be Big Ben good. 

2. Giants - Josh Rosen QB 

3. Broncos(Trade) - Josh Allen QB 

4. Okay hear me out Barkley’s here, yay! It’s a no brainer, right ? Well here’s the thing there was just a massive run on QBs. And Mayfield is the only one left worth trading up for. Teams like the Jets,Cardinals,Redskins,Dolphins, and Bills are obviously still looking for their QBOTF. Will it hurt to pass on Barkley ? Yes. Can we get the same amount of production out of a committee backfield ? Yes. I’m taking the later here and grabbing more assets.

21. Mike Mcglinchey T - Joe Thomas is either done or in his last year. We still don’t know what he’s going to look like when he comes back. We need this security regardless. 

22. Mike Hughes CB - did he have some problems in North Carolina ? Yes, but his talent is unquestioned I think he’s this years Marcus Peters. He’s a legit CB 1 prospect.

33. Darius Guice RB - we need a bruiser he’s our guy love his passion and motivation. I expect big things from him year one. 

35. Sam Hubbard DE - is this a need ? No however if you look at teams like the eagles they can 3-4 deep at PR . Our DLine is close to being elite. The fresher the bodies the more pressure you’ll see. He’s not a speed guy but he’s a motor guy and I love the way he plays. 

53. Bill Price G/C - Dear god. 2 OSU players back to back. Have mercy. Hear me out this is also not a need but at the same time the executives who decided tretter wasn’t worth keeping around at Green Bay are here. Is he a decent player ? absolutely. But Billy Price is better and has the ability to be special and with his injury he’ll have time to fully recover. He’s our future at C. 

64. Terrell Edmunds FS - will he be here ? I want to say yes but his Combine might have put him out of range. Because this is my Mock I say he’s here and he’s a steal. He’s our long, rangy deep FS of the future. And With the additions of breeland and Hughes I have McCourty starting the year at FS with Edmunds filling in regularly. Athletic as hell. And doesn’t shy away from contact. 

85. Josey Jowell LB - love this kid. He’s just a football player. His comp for me is schobert and is a great insurance policy if he goes down or gets greedy on his extension. He’s not going blow you away athletically but his instincts and anticipation are top notch. 

Basically, I like your approach, however, I see some real problems. IMO, the Giants will either draft a QB at #2 or trade the pick to Denver or the Jets, ditto for the Colts who will also either draft a QB or trade the pick, so before the #4 pick comes due, the top 3 QB's will all be off the board and Buffalo will not want to trade up for the #4 QB and will settle on Jackson and we will be stuck using the #4 pick, likely on Barkley, which isn't a horrible scenario.

While I fully agree that a LT must been found by next draft, McGinchey do not really impress at the Combine and has slipped to a round 2 prospect. Anytime a prospect plays beside a stud like Nelson, he will look better than he really is and pro scouts and GM's are finally beginning to see it. I think he can be had at 33 if we desire.

The rest I like quite a bit, if we can get them all!!!

5 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Why ?

Piss poor value in the trade down. If we are going down that far then it must be a wild over pay period. The talent pool falls off greatly after pick 20 this year(if we are lucky).

Sam Hubbard adds nothing to this defensive line. He might be marginally better than Carl Nassib. His calling card in the NFL will be run stopping and Ogbah is already damn good at that. 

Mike McGlinchey and Terrell Edmunds are not falling that far.

You answer to the WR problem is overpaying Terrelle Pryor but then you draft a center and a linebacker?

Seriously Terrelle Pryor signed a 1 year 6 million dollar deal that could escalated to 8 million just last year and he proceeded to fail miserably. No way in hell is his market going to be anywhere near 7 million. I do think there is a 97% chance he signs here but it will be for around 3 million.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Piss poor value in the trade down. If we are going down that far then it must be a wild over pay period. The talent pool falls off greatly after pick 20 this year(if we are lucky).

Sam Hubbard adds nothing to this defensive line. He might be marginally better than Carl Nassib. His calling card in the NFL will be run stopping and Ogbah is already damn good at that. 

Mike McGlinchey and Terrell Edmunds are not falling that far.

You answer to the WR problem is overpaying Terrelle Pryor but then you draft a center and a linebacker?

Seriously Terrelle Pryor signed a 1 year 6 million dollar deal that could escalated to 8 million just last year and he proceeded to fail miserably. No way in hell is his market going to be anywhere near 7 million. I do think there is a 97% chance he signs here but it will be for around 3 million.

2 1st a 2nd and 5th and future picks. Most likely 1st and 4th that’s a lot of value. I’m higher on Hubbard then you but that’s fine I understand your opinion. Mcglinchey will be there at 21 maybe even 33. Edmunds I agree with. I gave him a two year deal with slightly more money because I think he holds more value here then anywhere else. But also traded for Landry so that’s our solution to wr core. Gordon,Pryor,Landry,Coleman is pretty solid. Billy Price I think is special and better then tretter. Jowell I can understand the disagreement on. I’m high on him. 

Hubbard has a ton more athleticism than Nassib does. Nassib and Hubbard have similar motors, but Nassib to be more effective really needs to add about 10-15 pounds where he can be moved inside at times. Hubbard had the best 3 cone and 20 yard times. I think he is gonna have a pretty good career. 

5 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Hubbard has a ton more athleticism than Nassib does. Nassib and Hubbard have similar motors, but Nassib to be more effective really needs to add about 10-15 pounds where he can be moved inside at times. Hubbard had the best 3 cone and 20 yard times. I think he is gonna have a pretty good career. 

Agreed. I love that kid I think he’s going to be real good. 

Archived