Rams trade LB Alec Ogletree to Giants

AFlaccoSeagulls

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

It appears that the Rams got jealous of the Seahawks owning all of the NFCW news today and just decided to dump one of their franchise players for peanuts.

OR we are clearing cap space to make a lot of moves in FA and get people to fit Wade Phillips defense.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

Ogletree doesn't fit Wade Phillips' defense? Also, why would y'all extend him in October just to trade him now?

Could not stop the run or shed blocks. Best fit is WLB I think. And I have no idea why they extended him then.

15 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

OR we are clearing cap space to make a lot of moves in FA and get people to fit Wade Phillips defense.

14 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Ogletree doesn't fit Wade Phillips' defense? Also, why would y'all extend him in October just to trade him now?

No doubt he fit the old 4-3 better.  NYG trading for him makes sense...if the picks aren’t crazy.  

16 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

It appears that the Rams got jealous of the Seahawks owning all of the NFCW news today and just decided to dump one of their franchise players for peanuts.

Is he really a franchise player? Giants desperately need LBs. I liked Ogletree a lot in the 2013 draft and the only thing I know about him since he got drafted is that a couple years ago him and OBJ got into a huge fight during a game that resulted in 3 ejections. 

8 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

With the Giants trading away 2 picks in this years draft, does that make anyone else think they are more likely to trade down from #2 now?

No. Its a conditional 4th and a 6th. Little depth picks.

9 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

With the Giants trading away 2 picks in this years draft, does that make anyone else think they are more likely to trade down from #2 now?

And miss the chance of nabbing QB of the future or Saquon Barkley?

Think only a king's ransom would tempt them.

10 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

We had two 4th round picks this year due to a compensatory selection. We got rid of one and a 6th for Ogletree and a 7th. 2 picks/players for 2 picks/players. I don't think this is indicative at all of any potential trade down in the first. 

Archived