Ogletree traded to the Giants

Dr LBC

Last offseason was remaking the offense, this offseason is letting Wade remake the defense however he see fit.  As long as Donald gets locked up and this means Joyner gets locked up to play FS, I'm willing to put my faith in Wade because he's done it time and time again.  Tree's $7m roster bonus he was due (I believe due either tomorrow or the next day, since roster bonuses usually pay out the 3rd day of the new league-year) will pass on to the Giants, so that frees up another $7m in cap space which should give us the flexibility to lock down at least one of AD or LMJ.

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

We now have 8 Day Three picks? Im interested to see what Snead is planning on doing with all of these.

My gut - and the youth on this roster - tells me he wants the flexibility of being able to move around and go get specific guys they like rather than fret about worrying if they'll fall to them.  Or, he's accruing assets to try and trade back into the 2nd.

How much cap space did we save for this? My roommate is a Giants fan and said we might be eating some of it. I believe there is a plan, but we are going to lose Quinn, Ogletree, likely Tru, likely Barron, likely Barwin all in one offseason. Peters is the addition. How much can we fill via FA ? Just in shock right now.

Just now, The LBC said:

My gut - and the youth on this roster - tells me he wants the flexibility of being able to move around and go get specific guys they like rather than fret about worrying if they'll fall to them.  Or, he's accruing assets to try and trade back into the 2nd.

Im good with either approach. Ive seen a few mocks recently with guys falling into the 17-18-19 range that I would be screaming for us to go get on Draft Day (Vea, Davenport, Edmunds, whomever it is that strikes your fancy)

I also wonder if we are setting up a Cap situation that allows us to be a landing spot for some Free Agents that will be going with 1 year deals? Either for reestablishment of their Market Value (DaQuan Jones, Allen Robinson) or veteran guys ring chasing who only need this years money guaranteed (Bowman, Talib, Derrick Johnson)

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I really hope we can add some size and speed. We will definitely need 2 quality starters. I have faith in what Wade Philips can do with young talent.

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

Just in shock right now

Guys, heres the really really. We are no longer on a 3 year plan. Because that clearly was the expectation when bringing in McVay, you could tell by the contracts we were giving out. 

But we are suddenly really really good. So now we have to pivot to contending now, not in 2020. 

Archived