Why I Believe Kirk Cousins Will Be A Jet (page 2)

Bobby816

22 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

The unknown is never a "better" option. IMO.

Jetfuel is a gambling man is all. 

Yup your right I am a gambling man. We all know what Kirk Cousins is and I don't like it. He is a top 10 QB that can't win the big games. I think this years QB class is really special and as Jet fans we should be pumped to get one of these guys. Just because we had some bad QB picks in the past does not mean these guys are going to be bad. I think Mark Sanchez was very good, better than Kirk Cousins, in his first few years in the NFL. He was winning playoff games on the road and tearing it up. The problem is that the jets never advanced for him. The line fell apart and he was getting hit A LOT. 

5 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Yup your right I am a gambling man. We all know what Kirk Cousins is and I don't like it. He is a top 10 QB that can't win the big games. I think this years QB class is really special and as Jet fans we should be pumped to get one of these guys. Just because we had some bad QB picks in the past does not mean these guys are going to be bad. I think Mark Sanchez was very good, better than Kirk Cousins, in his first few years in the NFL. He was winning playoff games on the road and tearing it up. The problem is that the jets never advanced for him. The line fell apart and he was getting hit A LOT. 

Yeesh.  I'm with you on the Kirk Cousins thing, but i have a hard time calling Sanchez very good.  

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

If Kirk goes to Cleveland now and they take Barkley at one O.o

If Kirk goes to Cleveland, I think Jets fans will be reallllly mad

Ownership has to know that too which makes me believe they'll try and one up any offer

17 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

If Kirk goes to Cleveland, I think Jets fans will be reallllly mad

Ownership has to know that too which makes me believe they'll try and one up any offer

I'd want Kirk in Cleveland more than any other team. Increases the likelihood of a top QB actually falling to us. 

This is a pipe dream that I was hoping died when everyone realized the Vikings have had the cap room to sign him. Unfortunately that's still going on. 

What's worse is the realization that a lot of rumors are floating around that the jets are gonna solve QB in FA with vets not named cousins and then not draft a qb at six or draft Josh Allen. If we do this we are the dumbest team on earth. 

21 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

This is a pipe dream that I was hoping died when everyone realized the Vikings have had the cap room to sign him. Unfortunately that's still going on. 

What's worse is the realization that a lot of rumors are floating around that the jets are gonna solve QB in FA with vets not named cousins and then not draft a qb at six or draft Josh Allen. If we do this we are the dumbest team on earth. 

Has to be a smoke screen. No way would the Jets not draft a QB if they don't sign Cousins. Aside from a couple of players, the QBs are best players available. There aren't too many can't miss prospects at non-QB positions that warrant the number 6 pick. This is an odd draft that has limited high end talent but is deep. And that high end talent are in lower value positions like Guard and RB.

1 hour ago, Colt45fool said:

Josh Allen is going to be the pick if he’s there I think. Have mercy on us 

On 3/9/2018 at 9:20 AM, jetfuel34 said:

My thinking is, if you believe you can't win a SB with Kirk plus a ton of talent then don't make an offer at all. I think he is more than capable of winning a ring with talent around him. We can offer that but it would not be in his first year most likely like it would be for Denver and Minnesota.

On 3/10/2018 at 1:42 PM, GangGreen420 said:

Josh Allen is going to be the pick if he’s there I think. Have mercy on us 

I think so too and it would be a terrible pick. Who is the last qb with a sub 60% completion percentage to become an elite an? 

Archived