Why I Believe Kirk Cousins Will Be A Jet (page 2)

Bobby816

On 3/10/2018 at 12:22 PM, SDotNova said:

Has to be a smoke screen. No way would the Jets not draft a QB if they don't sign Cousins. Aside from a couple of players, the QBs are best players available. There aren't too many can't miss prospects at non-QB positions that warrant the number 6 pick. This is an odd draft that has limited high end talent but is deep. And that high end talent are in lower value positions like Guard and RB.

Would it surprise you if Mac gets Bridgewater and mccown and uses our pick on Fitzpatrick? That's a mac and Bowles off-season if I ever saw it. No investment in qb, more defensive backs for toilet Bowles defense. 

12 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Would it surprise you if Mac gets Bridgewater and mccown and uses our pick on Fitzpatrick? That's a mac and Bowles off-season if I ever saw it. No investment in qb, more defensive backs for toilet Bowles defense. 

I personally wouldn't love that.  McCown is 39, unless he is backing up/mentoring/insurance for a rookie QB I don't see the point in signing him.  Also while Fitzpatrick is a nice player, to take him at 6 we would have to believe that he is an outside shutdown CB.... that is a bold move as that is something he wasn't even really asked to be in college.  Could he do it... maybe... he is talented enough, but I think he is more of a moveable chess piece, and after double dipping at S last year this would be kind of a weird pick.

I really think it is QB or trade back for us at 6

Archived