Releases - who may be of interest?

KC_Guy

Lots of players being released prior to the new League Year.

I think the Chiefs will have a close look. They seem to try to preserve potential comp picks next year while being prudent with the cap.
Post your ideas who might be of interest for the Chiefs here.

This one caught my eye, as DL is lacking any depth right now. 

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9180/benson-mayowa

Seahawks looking at trading S Earl Thomas and CB Richard Sherman.

FA

WR Sammy Watkins - I don't think you could go wrong with either Watkins or Robinson

WR Allen Robinson

G Justin Pugh - Depth signing

DT Star Lotulelei - KC already is rumored to have interest

DT Sheldon Richardson - 2nd choice FA DT player if we don't land Star Lotulelei.

LB Navorro Bowman - I would be OK trying to get this guy on our team and out of the raiders locker room.

Transition Tagged

CB Kyle Fuller  I wouldn't mind putting in an offer and seeing what happens here prior to the draft, Also if you think this is the guy could give up a late round pick to secure him.

I think prior to draft we need to find a way to sign either of these to WR's There might be a few good ones in this years draft but its not that deep and we lack a 1st round pick.

Any of the other FA's  just would help us to maintain some quality veterans that have something left in the tank.

As written above CB Kyle Fuller if we think this could be the guy, I would put in a offer anyway worst case scenario our offer is matched but you loose out 100% of the time you don't try.

1 hour ago, valkrei said:

Talib to rams, if they can keep him and Peters emotions under control they might be the Super bowl favorite this year.  Glad Talib is out of the AFC at least.

Chiefs will play the Rams in Mexico City

58 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I think there's gonna be way too much competition for him to even consider a one year deal.

Btw we re-signed the Shermanator ?

and S Ron Parker was asked for a pay cut and declined so he gone.  In a way I don't blame him, take the money and run and hope someone else offers money.  I mean the guys career is only a few more seasons long as best.  If i was to guess at least.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Packers, Chiefs and Bears are interested in free agent Sammy Watkins.

Rapsheet has also linked the Bears and Pack to Allen Robinson. CBS' Jason La Canfora reported Sunday that the Rams were "working actively" to re-sign Watkins but it's quite possible the market quickly gets away from them. The Bears have the cap space and dire need to make a huge offer.

Also per Rotoworld:

Chiefs released OLB Tamba Hali.

The expected move creates $7.7 million in cap space. Now 34, Hali missed most of 2017 with knee issues and has only 3.5 sacks over his past 21 games. He will hunt for work as a situational pass rusher but could struggle to find guaranteed money. The No. 20 overall pick of the 2006 draft, Hali has spent his entire career in Kansas City.

13 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Packers, Chiefs and Bears are interested in free agent Sammy Watkins.

Rapsheet has also linked the Bears and Pack to Allen Robinson. CBS' Jason La Canfora reported Sunday that the Rams were "working actively" to re-sign Watkins but it's quite possible the market quickly gets away from them. The Bears have the cap space and dire need to make a huge offer.

I'll be honest, I don't want him. If he comes for cheap, sure, but I doubt he does. I wouldn't want to pay more than ~$7M for the guy. Just not reliable enough. And he'd be our #2.

Archived