NFL.com's top 50 and mock drafts

Iamcanadian

As you can see, his mock gives us Evans and Jackson, 2 reasonable selections if we cannot trade up for Mayfield, which would be a tough move.

His top 50 suggests Connor Williams LT and  Lamar Jackson QB.

Take your pick guys!!!

Dont like this mock to many reaches and to many players dropping. Will Hernandez has moved up considerably. Before the Senior Bowl and Combine he was a 5th-6th round selection, he will move up to day 2 in the draft but no way does he get drafted in round 1(FYI love the guy would want him in round 2). Baker Mayfield and Calvin ridley falling that far is crazy, dolphins are to high on Mayfield to let him go, as they are not confident in Ryan Tannehill and Adam Gase was pushed in to coaching him so I think if he was available they have to select him as Gase is a big fan and he has the argument of him being his guy. Also I would be super pissed if Calvin Ridley was available with pick 21 and 22 and the bills pass on him. He would be the ideal #1 wr on this team giving him the speed to run down field. He will be way better then Amari Cooper, and he reminds me so much of Antonio Brown. On top of that reaching for Lamar Jackson could push me over the edge he is not ready to be the qb and has huge accuracy issues like tyrod so why repeat that same issue. If bills go qb they need to make sure he is accurate and willing to let it rip rather then run.

Well, Hernandez blew the Combine away and was never a round 5 or 6 prospect at any time. He was always in the round 2 conversation but his Combine moved him up considerably.

Mayfield has always been ranked in that area, only posters here have had him going higher and because of position, he may well go higher but, at just 6' tall, he represents only 6% of the NFL's current QB's in height and it is quite difficult to get some team to take the risk with those odds. I still believe, because of position he will go in the 10-12 area, but he is nowhere near a top 5 pick.

As for Ridley, he paid the price for a miserable Combine. He even said at his pro day that he stunk it up at the Combine, but promised to do better at the March 28th pro day. Right now, he is nowhere near Cooper or Brown as a prospect.

As for the Dolphins, I seriously doubt they draft a QB with their 1st pick, they will need to see another mediocre season from Tannehill before moving on.

As for Jackson, he has the potential to be the best QB of the lot, if a team handles him correctly and does not try to make him into something he is not. He is Vick like and sahould be used like Houston used Watson, building an offense around his skills. He is a far better prospect than Tyrod

2 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Well, Hernandez blew the Combine away and was never a round 5 or 6 prospect at any time. He was always in the round 2 conversation but his Combine moved him up considerably.

Mayfield has always been ranked in that area, only posters here have had him going higher and because of position, he may well go higher but, at just 6' tall, he represents only 6% of the NFL's current QB's in height and it is quite difficult to get some team to take the risk with those odds. I still believe, because of position he will go in the 10-12 area, but he is nowhere near a top 5 pick.

As for Ridley, he paid the price for a miserable Combine. He even said at his pro day that he stunk it up at the Combine, but promised to do better at the March 28th pro day. Right now, he is nowhere near Cooper or Brown as a prospect.

As for the Dolphins, I seriously doubt they draft a QB with their 1st pick, they will need to see another mediocre season from Tannehill before moving on.

As for Jackson, he has the potential to be the best QB of the lot, if a team handles him correctly and does not try to make him into something he is not. He is Vick like and sahould be used like Houston used Watson, building an offense around his skills. He is a far better prospect than Tyrod

No one is going to knock a guy cause he couldnt run a 40 in tights lets be real here combine is a mere fraction to the overall picture. Ridleys performance on the field with one of the worst QBs at the college level has proven to people he is the best wr in the draft. His route running and hand capabilities are on point with Antonio Brown and his speed is much better then cooper he is a clear cut #1 wr in the draft, several WR needy teams will be chomping at the bit if he falls out of top 10. . Sutton could be a well established #2 but no way can he make the plays a guy like ridley can do he is still unpolished. 

Hernandez was ranked a 5th-6th rd pick according to scout reports which has been accurate for over a decade on players. He has gained steam to be a 2nd day pick because more and more people saw him perform at the senior bowl and combine only because he went to a small school. 

As for mayfield he is projected high cause alot of needy teams need qbs and with the new cba it is dirt cheap for teams to take the risk on moving up to get him. Miami Dolphins are in love with the guy as I know from being in the area thats all that is being discussed about the draft. Another team that has shown significant interest in him is New Orleans which is unlikely as they would have to give up alot. Either way do not expect this guy to last past 10, if for some reason he does the dolphins will pull the trigger on him.  Every one forgets that Gase wasnt the HC at the time they drafted Tannehill. Spending the pick on Baker Mayfield will push Tannehill for the starting job as he has never had real competition in camp and was handed the job since being drafted. Gase will finally draft his qb he believes is their guy let him compete in camp if he doesn't overthrow Tannehill then he sits a year or until Tannehill struggles and is being replaced the dolphins who are strapped in cap this year as well as next year can dump his 20+ mil contract and clear some of it up while Mayfield is their future. If the dolphins werent serious about the guy they wouldnt have set up meetings at senior bowl, combine, pro day, and bringing him in for an extra interview. Each team is allotted 30 meetings with players. They wouldnt waste one on a guy if they were comfortable with Tannehill  

Hernandez is a lock for day 1. He has been marked down because of his college but is an absolute stud

12 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

As for Jackson, he has the potential to be the best QB of the lot, if a team handles him correctly 

And if he learns to throw the ball with enough accuracy that his receivers can actually catch the ball

8 hours ago, BigMountainGoat said:

And if he learns to throw the ball with enough accuracy that his receivers can actually catch the ball

His accuracy is over evaluated IMO.

It could be better absolutely, but he isn't throwing it at guys legs or over their head like EJ would. Its his ball placement that either makes a WR slow down a touch or catch it on the wrong shoulder. Jackson had the most dropped passes by his supporting cast in all of college football last year. If even 25% were caught, his completion percentage would be over 60 and people wouldn't be talking about it. 

On 3/8/2018 at 4:11 PM, soflbillsfan said:

No one is going to knock a guy cause he couldnt run a 40 in tights lets be real here combine is a mere fraction to the overall picture. Ridleys performance on the field with one of the worst QBs at the college level has proven to people he is the best wr in the draft. His route running and hand capabilities are on point with Antonio Brown and his speed is much better then cooper he is a clear cut #1 wr in the draft, several WR needy teams will be chomping at the bit if he falls out of top 10. . Sutton could be a well established #2 but no way can he make the plays a guy like ridley can do he is still unpolished. 

Hernandez was ranked a 5th-6th rd pick according to scout reports which has been accurate for over a decade on players. He has gained steam to be a 2nd day pick because more and more people saw him perform at the senior bowl and combine only because he went to a small school. 

As for mayfield he is projected high cause alot of needy teams need qbs and with the new cba it is dirt cheap for teams to take the risk on moving up to get him. Miami Dolphins are in love with the guy as I know from being in the area thats all that is being discussed about the draft. Another team that has shown significant interest in him is New Orleans which is unlikely as they would have to give up alot. Either way do not expect this guy to last past 10, if for some reason he does the dolphins will pull the trigger on him.  Every one forgets that Gase wasnt the HC at the time they drafted Tannehill. Spending the pick on Baker Mayfield will push Tannehill for the starting job as he has never had real competition in camp and was handed the job since being drafted. Gase will finally draft his qb he believes is their guy let him compete in camp if he doesn't overthrow Tannehill then he sits a year or until Tannehill struggles and is being replaced the dolphins who are strapped in cap this year as well as next year can dump his 20+ mil contract and clear some of it up while Mayfield is their future. If the dolphins werent serious about the guy they wouldnt have set up meetings at senior bowl, combine, pro day, and bringing him in for an extra interview. Each team is allotted 30 meetings with players. They wouldnt waste one on a guy if they were comfortable with Tannehill  

I fully agree that Ridley is the #1 WR in this draft, but even he said at his pro day, that he was terrible at he Combine and he will be very lucky to see top 20, even though he is the only option at the position in round 1, which could drive him up a bit.

As for Hernandez, he was ranked lower because he played for a small school and faced almost zero competition up to the Senior Bowl. Once he showed that he could compete with the big boy schools and at the Combine, that he was a gifted athlete, then as you would expect, his ranking took a very sharp rise, a process that small school athletes often undergo, so it should be no shock that he has reached round 1 projections.

No doubt, Mayfield will get a lot of interest from many QB desperate teams, because solid teams do their homework, just in case something unusual happens on draft day like a Rodgers falling. They want to be prepared. 

Miami might like to do the scenario you suggest, but I doubt it, I still believe they think they can be a good team with Tannehill at the helm and will give him one ore year to prove it. Remember, Miami was 10-6 in 2016 season and that is only one year removed.

He may indeed go as high as #10, QB's do get pushed up a lot on draft day, he might even go higher, to who is anybody's guess. I give Buffalo about a 20% chance at obtaining him, but I think Arizona may be his destination.

Archived