Rival Talk 101

Lionized

8 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Great trade for the Eagles.  That defense is only getting better.

I think its an ok move.  They dumped Vinny Curry and bring in Bennett who is 32. The number of lineman that have impacted the league significantly over 32 you can count on one hand.  They didn't give up much, but I think they downgraded overall.  

19 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think its an ok move.  They dumped Vinny Curry and bring in Bennett who is 32. The number of lineman that have impacted the league significantly over 32 you can count on one hand.  They didn't give up much, but I think they downgraded overall.  

If you could, please explain how they downgraded overall but it's considered an ok move.

I disagree that they downgraded.  Not only is Bennett still a very good player, but he can play both outside and inside, and is a perfect fit as a rotational player for the Eagles' extremely deep DLine.  Even more, they'll move on from Curry and save cap space overall.

I think they both upgraded and improved their cap standing, and all for a late round pick.

19 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

If you could, please explain how they downgraded overall but it's considered an ok move.

I disagree that they downgraded.  Not only is Bennett still a very good player, but he can play both outside and inside, and is a perfect fit as a rotational player for the Eagles' extremely deep DLine.  Even more, they'll move on from Curry and save cap space overall.

I think they both upgraded and improved their cap standing, and all for a late round pick.

I'd rather have Curry than Bennett, therefore I think its a downgrade overall to the defense.  I think its a good move to replace Curry with a rotational guy, but I doubt his impact is going to be Michael Bennett of old impact.  He is aging, in a new system for the first time, and with the dead money from Curry they are not saving anything this year. 

8 hours ago, X_Factor_40 said:

Not only did the Rams get Talib, but they got him for a 2018 5th Round Pick. They did take on the whole $12 million, but they’re making moves to make one hell of a run this year. I can’t wait to see what they do in FA and the Draft!

not buying the hype...i do love Peters, BUT, remember he was on KC who was loaded with super stars on Defense including a Top 3 Safety in Eric Berry and crazy pass rush...and both him and Aqib seem a bit selfish and dramatic so I wonder if that will help or hurt. Rams did just lose their best LB in getting two great corners...then probably lose Trumaine now.  But I still dont think the Rams look that scary..

Archived