M. Bennett To the Eagles

animaltested

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22679441/seattle-seahawks-trading-michael-bennett-philadelphia-eagles

Sounds like 

Seattle: Michael Bennett & 7th

for 

Philly: 5th and WR Marcus Johnson

I dont know how to feel about this. The D-line was already pretty thin, and it losing a MB is gonna sting. Sounds like Seattle will only save around 2.2 million, and only picking up a 5th is rough. McDowell better get his 'ish together. Sounds like a move for 2019, more than 2018.

Seattle already has three 5th rounds picks.

13 hours ago, animaltested said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22679441/seattle-seahawks-trading-michael-bennett-philadelphia-eagles

Sounds like 

Seattle: Michael Bennett & 7th

for 

Philly: 5th and WR Marcus Johnson

I dont know how to feel about this. The D-line was already pretty thin, and it losing a MB is gonna sting. Sounds like Seattle will only save around 2.2 million, and only picking up a 5th is rough. McDowell better get his 'ish together. Sounds like a move for 2019, more than 2018.

Seattle already has three 5th rounds picks.

Mmm, I don't think the DLine is as thin as everyone thinks. I also think Bennett is due for a lackluster year soon. He's got a TON of snaps on him and is approaching mid 30s. Might as well get something for him now. The ridiculous amount of penalties (1st in the league on D) just kills as well. Way to put the offense in great situations or tire out/frustrate the rest of your defense. I mean nearly 1 offsides/neutral zone infraction a game.. and Seattle lost all of their games (spare LA Rams) by a TD (2 pt. conv) or less.

Now granted Bennett's production is a big factor for those 1 score scenarios, but gotta remember Avril and Jones were both out last year and were decent contributors when in. 

I think the starters are good with Jones, Richardson (assuming we resign), Reed, and Avril/Clark as long as we secure some depth and some run stuffers to cycle in on non passing downs (those are cheap). It would've been tough to keep Bennett and re-sign Richardson who IMO is a priority given age and his skillset. I think a lot of this is contingent as well on whether Malik McDowell is recovering (does anyone know status?). 

We'll have to see... I wouldn't mind Seattle re-signing Dion Jordan either for cheap. He played pretty damn good last year when given opportunity. 

If we can't re-sign Richardson... oh boy. We're going to need Reed/Jones and McDowell or a rookie to come out of nowhere... 

13 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

^ Came in to echo the same sentiments.

Side Note: I traded Bennett for a 3rd and a 5th to the Lions in TCMD. 

I think we could’ve gotten a little more.

Well apparently the Patriots offered a 3rd and 5th and were too late. I dunno how much of this stuff is true, but I agree with you regardless. 

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Bolt/Patriots-had-better-offer-for-Michael-Bennett--115947652

4 hours ago, One Punch Man said:

^ Came in to echo the same sentiments.

Side Note: I traded Bennett for a 3rd and a 5th to the Lions in TCMD. 

I think we could’ve gotten a little more.

Agreed.  Bennett was one of the guys that I felt the team was going on move on from.  

Here is the question, who replaces Bennett? Naz, S-Rich, and Reed are all inside guys. McDowell SHOULD be the guy, but you cannot go into camp expecting him to be anything at this point. I dont like the idea of relying on Dion either. Jefferson is nothing but JAG. 

7 hours ago, animaltested said:

Here is the question, who replaces Bennett? Naz, S-Rich, and Reed are all inside guys. McDowell SHOULD be the guy, but you cannot go into camp expecting him to be anything at this point. I dont like the idea of relying on Dion either. Jefferson is nothing but JAG. 

Listen here: 

We trade down to the mid 2nd, acquire a pick or two. First pick of the draft: Rasheem Green.

Boom.

Archived