The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

10 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Wonder if they are gonna try and tie in Snoke's origin with this. Or possibly a cameo of a younger version of himself.

God I hope not. Snoke was a plot device, his backstory isnt important and I really dont want this show to connect to the trilogies 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

God I hope not. Snoke was a plot device, his backstory isnt important and I really dont want this show to connect to the trilogies 

I still dont get you guys. Snoke is the reason for the 3rd trilogy. Not some who got lucky, he orchestrated the vast majority of events until the end of TLJ. This is not Grand Moff Tarkin we're talkin about here. If these guys can give someone like Thrawn has a major back story and who is rumored to be coming to the big screen. Then Snoke definitely needs one. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I still dont get you guys. Snoke is the reason for the 3rd trilogy. Not some who got lucky, he orchestrated the vast majority of events until the end of TLJ. This is not Grand Moff Tarkin we're talkin about here. If these guys can give someone like Thrawn has a major back story and who is rumored to be coming to the big screen. Then Snoke definitely needs one. 

Yeah, but if they don't NEED to tie it back with something that's already established, then why would they?

I hope they just go in a new, fresh direction with this.

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Yeah, but if they don't NEED to tie it back with something that's already established, then why would they?

I hope they just go in a new, fresh direction with this.

Because it's good story telling. Which was a huge gripe about TLJ. At least this way they add to the lore of a major missing piece in the new trilogy. 

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Grand Moff Tarkin has a pretty in depth backstory, even in the new EU, that is directly related to Thrawns rise. Snoke doesnt need one just like the Emperor didnt need one. Did we get one in the comics and then the prequels? Sure, but it didnt stop the original trilogy from being great without all that. Could they do a Snoke backstory? Sure, but all the EU isnt there yet. Its all pre-Empire Strikes Back right now. 

That being said, I still dont want Snoke connected to this series and it has nothing to do with him needing or not needing more backstory and entirely to do with I dont think they should connect this to any main movie plot points or characters. At least for the first 2 seasons. 

That being said, I still dont want Snoke connected to this series and it has nothing to do with him needing or not needing more backstory and entirely to do with I dont think they should connect this to any main movie plot points or characters. At least for the first 2 seasons. 

Ya, I like the idea of a stand alone, not connected show for a while, then in a few seasons bring in a few connections.

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Grand Moff Tarkin has a pretty in depth backstory, even in the new EU, that is directly related to Thrawns rise. Snoke doesnt need one just like the Emperor didnt need one. Did we get one in the comics and then the prequels? Sure, but it didnt stop the original trilogy from being great without all that. Could they do a Snoke backstory? Sure, but all the EU isnt there yet. Its all pre-Empire Strikes Back right now. 

As I was explaining to someone else. The Emperor was going to get a back story regardless. Lucas named them 4,5,6 for the very specific reason of exploring the back version of his original trilogy. Stars Wars needs back stories. This what you guys dont understand it's not just a TV show or movie. It's an ever expanding story on this universe, on its past, through current events and into its future. 

Snoke is not Hans Gruber. Gruber, great bad guy. But a throw away villain in a action movie with no real story surrounding the entire characters. Characters in these type of universes when they have achieved something so great needs a back story and only a no talent hack that just tosses them aside. Because the story is so large to include multiple parts of its history and many major events that have been created such a influential character and yet they have no back story. 

The universe of the Mandalorians should be able to stand on it's own.  The only character who might appear in it that we already know are few and far between- Boba Fett will be in it for sure.  A lot of the bounty hunters introduced in The Empire Strikes Back will likely have cameos throughout the series as well.  

14 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Because it's good story telling. Which was a huge gripe about TLJ. At least this way they add to the lore of a major missing piece in the new trilogy. 

If this new series takes place 5 years after RTJ, then that means Kylo Ren is 4 years old.  I don’t know if we need to see very much of Snoke before he meets Ben Solo. 

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

If this new series takes place 5 years after RTJ, then that means Kylo Ren is 4 years old.  I don’t know if we need to see very much of Snoke before he meets Ben Solo. 

Apparently Snoke had dealings with Luke before all of that ish went down. 

But the Empire falling effected the known Galaxy all over whether they cared or not. Only the unknown regions were unaffected. But Snoke may have made trips into known space point. 

I'm not sure the point of the show if it doesnt have some resemblance to Star Wars outside of the ships. It doesnt need Luke or anything like that. Just saying they would have felt the affects to some degree of the Empire crumbling. To not have it in there or talked about would be weird. 

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The universe of the Mandalorians should be able to stand on it's own.  The only character who might appear in it that we already know are few and far between- Boba Fett will be in it for sure.  A lot of the bounty hunters introduced in The Empire Strikes Back will likely have cameos throughout the series as well.  

I dont think this is a given. Boba is the clone son of a Mandolorian who died when he was very young. Boba doesn't really have ties to the Mandalorian culture and only wears the armor to honor Jango. 

29 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont think this is a given. Boba is the clone son of a Mandolorian who died when he was very young. Boba doesn't really have ties to the Mandalorian culture and only wears the armor to honor Jango. 

That was his whole story in the original EU- his reluctance to take the mantle of Mandalore, the leader of the Mandalorian clans.  So we will see what direction they decide to take it.  I would bet money on him crossing paths with the main character at some point.