The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

My biggest issue with the series is the runtime and episode count. (barely 40 minutes for the pilot and the 2nd episode didn't even hit 30 minutes not counting the credits) 8 episodes with a big budget is a nice start but I feel like they should've gone for 9. 

Other than that this is probably the best/second best thing Disney's star wars has produced so far depending on how the new clone wars season goes and if you've seen Rebels. 

Yeah the episode length is giving me blue balls for sure. 40 minute or less episodes in 2019 feels kinda crummy

• Like 1

I'm of two minds about the run time per episode.  I guess we'll see how the next ones go.  If it's 8 particular segments to the story that are natural breaking points, i'm fine with a few episodes being shorter.  Do we really want filler?  The sequence of him rebuilding his ship taking 5-6 minutes as opposed to a 30 second montage, more long shots of him and BY walking through the desert for another minute or two, a fill in joke sequence of the jawas being jawas to kill another minute or two?  I'd rather they keep the story tight than just throw stuff in.  On the other hand, the main plot driving episodes will hopefully be on the longer side closer to 45-50 minutes.  Seems to me the main point of this episode was to re-iterate there are more bounty hunters still after BY, BY is already using the force, but that use at this time takes a toll, and further development of the main character as a protagonist, whereas Boba and Jango were decidedly antagonist.

I have no issue with the episode run times at all. Essentially if every episode is 30-40 mins that means when combined you'd have an excellent 5+ hour Star Wars movie. Considering this show is on par with the movie level Star Wars quality it's perfectly understandable why it's only 8 shorter episodes. It takes them years to produce the movies. All I know is this is the best hour so far of Star Wars I've watched since ROTJ. Rogue One was good but this is phenomenal.

The details have been amazing. The new movies, sans Solo, didn't really concentrate on the myriad of alien races in Star Wars IMO. This show has really leaned into that aspect, and that's what I have been missing.

Its great so far. Really hoping this becomes (early) GOT level must-watch-TV. Obviously totally different shows (No way this can reach the intrigue of early GOT), but this looks like a sci-fi masterpiece so far.

It's more of a slow burn than I expected, but I enjoy those types of stories so it works for me.  Baby Yoda definitely surprised me, that could have ramifications into future stories for literally decades.  As long as they don't kill it off.

I am a little worried that BY will hijack the plot and we won't get as much background on The Mandalorian as the middle part of episode 1 hinted at.

On 11/20/2019 at 12:24 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Am I the only one who really hasn't found anything spectacular about this show yet, through 2 episodes? The dialogue is weird, the fight scenes have been meh and the only redeeming quality so far has been a droid that gets executed after 2 minutes and Baby "Yoda".

Yeah, I wouldn't say it's anything spectacular on it's own merits. Meaning objectively, compared to something like Game of Thrones, it's not the greatest television show ever produced. However, when you throw in the allure of Star Wars and the tie-ins to the larger story and lore which is beloved by many, you can see why it is being held in such high regard compared to the new films, which to this point have been relative let downs.

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I think as soon as all episodes of The Mandalorian are available is when I will sign up for Disney+.  Those Baby Yoda memes are killing me and I really need to see this. 

I signed up for the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle for $12.99 since I was already paying that for Hulu alone.  I already had the majority of Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar movies so I was going to wait. But there’s a treasure trove of older content I haven’t seen in years. That bundle price is an absolute steal.