The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

All the Mandalorians joining the fight to save the main character was pretty damn awesome.  This is the way. 

Now that I'm expecting shorter episodes, it really doesn't bother me.  Give me a tight 30 minutes of storytelling over 30 minutes of story stretched over 45-50 minutes any day of the week. 

Personally I thought the storytelling was better in episode 3 vs episode 2, but you got less adorable Baby Yoda moments.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

All the Mandalorians joining the fight to save the main character was pretty damn awesome.  This is the way. 

Now that I'm expecting shorter episodes, it really doesn't bother me.  Give me a tight 30 minutes of storytelling over 30 minutes of story stretched over 45-50 minutes any day of the week. 

Personally I thought the storytelling was better in episode 3 vs episode 2, but you got less adorable Baby Yoda moments.

I didn't mind less of BY. The show is called 'The Mandalorian' after all. 

And yes, the scene of the rest of the group joining in to save Mando was awesome. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m gonna get 5 hours of storytelling all at once because I’m patient and wait until it’s all out.  Lol.  

I'm not patient...I have a very select few shows I watch and right now none of them have new episodes out so this is basically it for me. 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I'm not patient...I have a very select few shows I watch and right now none of them have new episodes out so this is basically it for me. 

You should do what I’m doing right now.  Instead of looking for some crap TV series to binge since there are never any good ones, just watch a movie you’ve never seen before.  I watch about an hour’s worth of a movie I’ve never seen before each night after work.  

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This Episode was by far the best, IMO. The action stepped it up and the Mandolorians joining the fight was awesome.

This certainly is the way. It now feels more western than ever. Disgraced bounty hunter following his heart, on the run from his old gang, helped by his tribe. I can’t wait for more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This Episode was by far the best, IMO. The action stepped it up and the Mandolorians joining the fight was awesome.

Agreed 100%.  I hate the reboot that the Clone Wars TV show did to the Mandalorians.  They essentially neutered them, and that was a George Lucas thing.  Mandos returning to bounty hunting and mercenaries is how they should be treated, not as they were depicted in the cartoon.  Also going back to patchwork armor and it having meaning, not removing the helmet, etc.  I love it.  

Also as an aside, if anyone is further interested in reading as a result from this, the Legends novel series Republic Commando and Imperial Commando are a top 3 novel series from the old EU.  They are great reads and go deep into the old Mando culture.  

I freaking love this show. So entertaining! 

I know some people won't like that he violates his "code" for BY, but I love it. The episodes are far too short for how much I enjoy it.

BTW, did the Imperial peeps get what they wanted from BY? I'm guessing it's some sort of cloning thing.

Edited by Oregon Ducks
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I freaking love this show. So entertaining! 

I know some people won't like that he violates his "code" for BY, but I love it. The episodes are far too short for how much I enjoy it.

BTW, did the Imperial peeps get what they wanted from BY? I'm guessing it's some sort of cloning thing.

Codes are relative. Dude has a soft spot for foundlings for a very obvious reason. And what is BY if not a foundling?  He’s got his Mandalorian code and his personal one, and his personal code would not let him leave the kid behind. I love how relatable and believable that is. 

• Like 1