The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

10 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

So through 2 episodes we've had a western and a horror episode (with the same western undertone still present for both that the series has had as it's backbone).

I'm not sure if BY eating the eggs was just comic relief or if there will be anything more significant.  It seems the former, but I get a feeling there might be more to it.

I think there could be more to it as well

13 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm not sure if BY eating the eggs was just comic relief or if there will be anything more significant.  It seems the former, but I get a feeling there might be more to it.

Fun episode that has my kids wondering if they're going to dream about spiders.  LoL.  My 8 year old kept saying "use your flamethrower!!"

When Baby Yoda started walking through that cave, my wife and I both said those small columns reminded us of the ones in Prometheus before they even opened.  Maybe not a direct homage but the ice spider curled up sure looked reminiscent of the face-hugger.  

Disney acquired the rights to the Aliens franchise (and Predator) after the Disney/Fox merger and now the Aliens comics that used to be licensed to Dark Horse will be published by Marvel.  That would be an amazing if Disney ever got the chance to cross them over on the big screen with Star Wars or MCU properties but even a legit AvP reboot would be nice.

Was that Dave Filoni again as an X-WIng pilot?

Also, can I just say... ILM is freaking incredible.

Edited by thrILL!

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Was that Dave Filoni again as an X-WIng pilot?

it was indeed, same pilot as in Chapter 6 according to IMDB

Was really cool to see those spider creatures in live action. For those that don't know they appeared in Rebels:

The Mystery of Chopper Base Concept Trivia Gallery | StarWars.com

18 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

is baby yoda ever gonna like you know start talking and being an actual character instead of a cute set piece? 

14 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

God I hope not 

I'm with ninja, I want to see actual character development.  It's almost like he's gone backwards, he did more last year than he has so far.  All of a sudden he doesn't use the force anymore, even when they are being attacked by hundreds of ice spider thingys?  If that species lives around 1000 years, than 50 should be at least relatively close to 4 or 5, if you take a 10-1 linear comparison to how a human ages.  If he's still a baby at 50, I'm kind of curious as to what they hell has he been doing for 50 years?

26 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Don't think the eggs are anything more than food for him. And he hasn't had to use the force to really change anything so far. I think it's possible that he'll use it at some point coming up.

Dude had a knife to his throat, seems like a pretty opportune time to use the force.

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm with ninja, I want to see actual character development.  It's almost like he's gone backwards, he did more last year than he has so far.  All of a sudden he doesn't use the force anymore, even when they are being attacked by hundreds of ice spider thingys?  If that species lives around 1000 years, than 50 should be at least relatively close to 4 or 5, if you take a 10-1 linear comparison to how a human ages.  If he's still a baby at 50, I'm kind of curious as to what they hell has he been doing for 50 years?

Me personally I wouldn’t mind seeing him complete his mission delivering baby yoda to wherever he needs to go. Have the heartfelt goodbye, and then bringing him back 2-3 seasons later when he can finally talk and have that reunion. 

As much as I love baby yoda I’m not sure I want him in the entire series. Gives mando a chance to get out of the babysitter role and go on the other crazy bounties.

I'm glad they've only had BY using the force sparingly. There are so many shows out there with power wielding characters doing superhuman things. When BY does do something it actually feels important. Plus if BY had used force powers to get away from that bounty hunter we wouldn't have had the hilarious scene when Mando trades his jetpack and then decimates the dude.

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

I'm glad they've only had BY using the force sparingly. There are so many shows out there with power wielding characters doing superhuman things. When BY does do something it actually feels important. Plus if BY had used force powers to get away from that bounty hunter we wouldn't have had the hilarious scene when Mando trades his jetpack and then decimates the dude.

I agree the outcome works, just that it was definitely something I thought of in the moment.  I also agree he should use his power sparingly for story reasons, but they already set it up for logical inconsistency with what he did the first season.  He used it to choke Cara Dune when she was just mad at Mando in season 1 (and she was a known friend at that point), i'd think knife to the throat might  be a little more serious than that.