The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

9 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm google imaging the Zahn book covers and I don't see that much of a difference

I don't really remember what the Zahn book covers even exactly looked like tbh, beyond that the first one was blue.  lol.  I'm thinking more about the descriptions in the book itself, and whatever mental image that gave me.  Or at least whatever has persisted.  It's been quite a while since i actually read those books.  I've been meaning to go back to it, but it's hard to bring myself to it, 'cause i know it'll just dredge up more annoyance and disappointment with the new movies and the fact all those books i read once upon a time, are now wiped out of canon.  😟

ex//Like, my biggest recollection from the descriptions of Thrawn, was that it kinda characterized him as having a super angular, pointy, pretty "alien" looking face (in addition to being Blue obviously).  It's what gave him part of his unique "otherness" in the Empire, that would've been trod upon, if not for his sort of transcendent strategic brilliance.  Part of the intrigue about the character.

Mikkelson has some kinda angular qualities to his face, but i feel like they'd have to accentuate it with prosthetics or something to really get it there.  I want extreme.

Edited by Tugboat

**** yeah!  That's the Boba Fett scene the fanboys have been waiting for almost 40 years now.  I always viewed the character as a bit of a joke, but that was just some straight up badassery there.

Plot wise, it kind of all went as expected, but the execution in that episode was damn great.  From the little chuckle he got from getting Grogu to respond to his name, directly after Boba gets his armor back, Mando turning around and seeing Grogu engulfed in the impenetrable force field.  I know it was for plot reasons so he couldn't catch up and so Grogu could get taken, but why wouldn't he pick his jetpack back up once they had an understanding after the face off?

I very much like that they are positioning Boba as much closer to Mando as a man of honor with shifting scruples as opposed to the more cartoonish villainy of Gideon.  I get there has to be a bad guy, but I'd like a little more depth in the bad guys than we are getting.  As far as I can tell Gideon is just a sadist who is loyal to whoever his boss may be (Thrawn?  Palpatine?  Hux's dad?, ???).

I'm guessing we'll get the "assembling the crew" episode next week, and then the finale will be the rescue attempt.  At this point, I hope a jedi doesn't show up until next season.  If one does, then they need to fail in getting Grogu back.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I forgot a new episode came out today and started reading @THE DUKE's post like it was any other day. I should know better... smh

Sorry dude.  I forgot it was new episode day until I saw the thread with new replies, but I remembered before I opened.  Hopefully you didn't read past the first line.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Looks like Mando is going to put together quite the dream team to save grogu 

Mando
Boba
Assassin lady who's name I can't remember
Bill "Sharpshooter" Burr
Cara Dune
Apollo Creed

Anybody else?  6 is getting pretty crowded for storytelling as it is, so that might be it.  Maybe the X-Wing guys?

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Mando
Boba
Assassin lady who's name I can't remember
Bill "Sharpshooter" Burr
Cara Dune
Apollo Creed

Anybody else?  6 is getting pretty crowded for storytelling as it is, so that might be it.  Maybe the X-Wing guys?

Bo-Katan and her team are likely to show up, since she’s chasing Gideon already.

Hopefully we get some good stuff between her and Boba

9 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Bo-Katan and her team are likely to show up, since she’s chasing Gideon already.

Hopefully we get some good stuff between her and Boba

I knew I was forgetting someone.  Still hoping Fenn Rau shows up, played once again by Kevin McKidd.

Edited by THE DUKE

I loved the action sequences but hated that it looked like cosplay filmed in San Bernardino.  Tython was by far the worst set location of the series.  Bringing back Boba Fett was lame enough but the ridiculous overcompensation of his fighting skills was BS posturing.   Temeura Morrison is such a bad actor and it was cringeworthy hearing him recycle that wooden dialogue from AOTC and it was so forced hearing him share his family history.   

It was also another episode of Mando's failing strategical prowess.  This guy gets less effective with every episode.  He used to anticipate things but now he doesn't see anything coming.  No way he abandons his gear much less leaves Grogu to fend for himself even in that protective force field bcuz he knows everyone is there for the child.  He could've posted up from the top until the Dark Troopers (who swooped in looking like Iron Man 2 reject armors) overwhelm him.  Instead he runs off to fight the endless stormtroopers spewing out of those Imperial clown cars and we see Shand outrun a laser Gatling gun. LMAO.  

I'll finish the season but this episode was worse than any prequel or sequel.  

What an episode. Holy hell.

Loved the start when Mando and Grogu had a father-son moment. I loved Mando's "Does this look Jedi to you". Jedi are a myth to people in the star wars galaxy and it's fantastic. I loved the redemtion on Boba Fett. Confirming Jango fought in the Mandolorian Civil War.

Also damn, what an end to the Razor Crest. Just beat up this entire season until it's final end.

Still think the dream team rescuring Grogu  fail until they get to the lab, and then suceed in the end until the Jedi who Grogu spoke to comes and saves the day. Ending scene in the finale is the Jedi taking Grogu for training, and telling Mando he's safer with him.

13 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Still think the dream team rescuring Grogu  fail until they get to the lab, and then suceed in the end until the Jedi who Grogu spoke to comes and saves the day. Ending scene in the finale is the Jedi taking Grogu for training, and telling Mando he's safer with him.

I think your half right.

My guess is we assemble the team and break out Burr's character next episode and then in the finale they almost lose until Bo-Katan and her posse show up. Mando defeats Gideon and hands the dark sabre over to Bo. Then, like last season with the dark sabre, we get a tease reveal for the Jedi that Grogu called at the very end.