The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Sounds about right to me. Whats everyone hoping this is?

Long shot, but I want a Donald Glover lead Lando series (seperate from Han obviously)

I'm hoping for a live action series post ROTJ, Criminal underworld or something ridiculous...hopefully it's not just a basic TV show slapped with a star wars label on it.

We should've gotten a Lando movie with Glover playing young Lando and Billy D. Williams at the end of the movie explaining his life post ROTJ. Not gonna happen with Glover busy with Atlanta and the new deadpool series though.

4 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Agents of Shield is a crap show with crap writing that wouldn't have gone past two seasons if it wasn't connected to the MCU. 

When did you stop watching? It's still pretty good if a bit cheesy, definitely the most consistent of the Marvel shows so far.

Though I'll say it's not the best show (That's the runaways or Daredevil/Punisher)

7 hours ago, OleXmad said:

When did you stop watching? It's still pretty good if a bit cheesy, definitely the most consistent of the Marvel shows so far.

Pretty much lasted only three episodes.  Network television is the worst because of all their cost-cutting methods.  They try to cut costs in regular things so that they can blow their budgets on things nobody cares about.  That's problem number one.  Problem 2 is they hire TV actors who can't act, and it completely ruins literally all network television except for some - SOME - comedies.  Problem 3 is the writing.  It's crap.  Absolute crap.  Problem 4 is the plotting.  It's crap.  Absolute crap.  They have to plot network television in such a way as to have every single episode a self-contained story in itself, and that's even when they have previously on explanations at the beginning of an episode. 

A lot of this is the fault of literally stupid audiences.  The majority of people can't follow a plot to a movie or TV show if their life depended on it.  I have a cousin who couldn't understand Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  She was 16.  Audiences are stupid, and network television panders to stupid audiences while HBO and Netflix and some - SOME - cable networks don't. 

If one of the big networks got their hands on Star Wars, it would be a putrid bastardization of my favorite universe ever.  You'd probably get what would essentially become a monster of the week series.  A bounty hunter series where it would turn into one bounty a week with maybe one big bad a season with one major mortal enemy or some stupid crap.  It would just be horrible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Pretty much lasted only three episodes.

About mid way through season 1, it gets a lot better.  The first 3 episodes might be the 3 worst episodes of the series.  The season 2 finale was better than a few of the movies imo (double episode so 105 minutes of story).  I fell behind early on in season 4 because of life, but I'm sure i'll catch back up at some point here.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Pretty much lasted only three episodes.  Network television is the worst because of all their cost-cutting methods.  They try to cut costs in regular things so that they can blow their budgets on things nobody cares about.  That's problem number one.  Problem 2 is they hire TV actors who can't act, and it completely ruins literally all network television except for some - SOME - comedies.  Problem 3 is the writing.  It's crap.  Absolute crap.  Problem 4 is the plotting.  It's crap.  Absolute crap.  They have to plot network television in such a way as to have every single episode a self-contained story in itself, and that's even when they have previously on explanations at the beginning of an episode. 

A lot of this is the fault of literally stupid audiences.  The majority of people can't follow a plot to a movie or TV show if their life depended on it.  I have a cousin who couldn't understand Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  She was 16.  Audiences are stupid, and network television panders to stupid audiences while HBO and Netflix and some - SOME - cable networks don't. 

If one of the big networks got their hands on Star Wars, it would be a putrid bastardization of my favorite universe ever.  You'd probably get what would essentially become a monster of the week series.  A bounty hunter series where it would turn into one bounty a week with maybe one big bad a season with one major mortal enemy or some stupid crap.  It would just be horrible. 

That's your problem. The first half of season one is trash. From the second half of season 1 to season 5 now it has consistently been good to excellent. Anyone who has seen it would tell you the same thing.

As for a Star Wars TV series it'll depend on how the trailers for it looks for me to give it a watch. SW has really fallen for me over the past few months.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Following Sabine Wren maybe? Already has a pre-established plot that would be amazing-ish and doesn't look like it's going to get told anywhere else.  Either way I'm excited for Mandalorian stuff regardless of who we follow. 

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

Following Sabine Wren maybe? Already has a pre-established plot that would be amazing-ish and doesn't look like it's going to get told anywhere else.  Either way I'm excited for Mandalorian stuff regardless of who we follow. 

If they had a Sabine and Ashoka team up like its teased in Rebels, I would be so happy, but I don't think they are doing that here

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

the-mandalorian.jpg

interesting that it's not actually about Boba Fett. I like it, means they have a lot more they can do with the story/character, and it means there will be less of the "hey remember this guy he was in Star Wars" angle.

It's got me excited. seems like a good subject to take to TV, and it looks like there's a lot of star power (pun intended) behind the scenes. Can't wait to see what kind of talent gets signed on.