The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

In Legends he climbed out of the Sarlacc and lived a long life, eventually becoming Mandalore. So until he’s announced dead or appears and dies, we can’t assume anything. We know Obi wan is toast though

So much stuff has been retconned it’s crazy. Not that I took the EU seriously to begin with.  Apparently they retconned the incredible Clone Wars cartoon by Genndy Tartakovsky (in the inferior version of the show of the same title. Not sure what happened as I never could get into the one with Ahsoka) and it literally connected to the beginning of Episode III showing how Grievous abducted Palpatine.  

Bringing Boba Fett into this show would be foolish imo considering that Mandalorian is already a billion times better of a character (and warrior) than Boba ever was.  Don’t bring in the weaker version. Unless it’s to kill him off again lol. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It would've been cool if they had the bounty target holed up at Obi-Wan's hut, or the Lars property though.  That would've been a nice throwback to the OT. 

Fan service 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

In Legends he climbed out of the Sarlacc and lived a long life, eventually becoming Mandalore. So until he’s announced dead or appears and dies, we can’t assume anything. We know Obi wan is toast though

Interesting. There are some rumors that he’s not even a true Mandalorian and just stole the armor.

1 minute ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Interesting. There are some rumors that he’s not even a true Mandalorian and just stole the armor.

In Legends there were clones who deserted and were accepted amongst the Mandalorians. The Republic Commando and Imperial Commando novel series are all excellent reads on the Mandalorian culture from the EU. A former Jedi who survived Order 66 becomes Mando

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Disney doesnt recognize legends.......until they do. 

27 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

They'd be dumb not to use the characters that are extremely popular. I think they did a great job integrating Thrawn into the new EU. 

Thrawn is a great character. Just pointing out these same people who said Legends doesnt exist have no problems using the ideas. This franchise has no real story direction and it's like DCU with them throwing darts in the dark hoping something sticks. 

Personally I'm of the opinion that I'm expecting RoS to be bad at this point and the only positive about this franchise is The Mandalorian. But that's because its Faverau having almost final say on everything and that's what the trilogy needed from the beginning. One vision, one direction. 

If they were smart they would give Feige or an actual creative producer total control. Focus strictly on their Obi Wan story and instead of creating an entirely new trilogy that's already gone through like 3 different directors that we know of. Scrap it and move to another prequel possible tying 6 and 7 together maybe even centered around Thrawn. Build on an established character who's actor is not about to kill over. Though I dont think Iger or Kennedy are smart enough to do that. 

Edited by Calvert28

39 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

f they were smart they would give Feige or an actual creative producer total control.

Didn't they already?

40 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Thrawn is a great character. Just pointing out these same people who said Legends doesnt exist have no problems using the ideas.

I mean, Thrawn is really the only thing they have plucked from legends. They didnt have a choice to de-canonize it IMO. That ish was so convoluted from decades of  just what you were mentioning, too many hands in the pot and no clear direction. If they took the old EU has gospel it would be A LOT worse and they wouldnt be able to make any new content that wasn't completely unrelated to the original flicks.