The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

I loved the latest episode personally.  Basically could've dropped in Clint Eastwood circa 1969 in there and not missed a beat.  The rouge with the heart of gold meeting unexpected allies and dangers along his path which we don't know where it leads.  I will agree that they need to reign things back in and drive the plot a little more though.  The first two episodes built up the plot great, but the three since have worked mostly just to flesh out Mando and extended universe moreso than what his journey entails.

• Like 1

This episode sucked, especially the casting and execution.

Bill Burr as a mercenary was god awful and he never did a single thing that even remotely made him look like he knew what he was doing with a blaster.

Baby Yoda continues to be the only reason I tune in each week. The plot to this show is just so damn stagnant.

40 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This episode sucked, especially the casting and execution.

Bill Burr as a mercenary was god awful and he never did a single thing that even remotely made him look like he knew what he was doing with a blaster.

Baby Yoda continues to be the only reason I tune in each week. The plot to this show is just so damn stagnant.

Agreed. Least favorite episode of the season. The acting felt off with the mercenary cast the whole time. Probably doesn't help that I can't stand Bill Burr.

• Like 1

I agree that they need to be moving the plot forward, but I still enjoyed the episode.  My favorite part was how Mando stalked and captured the crew after the double cross. 

His code seems to be pretty close to the jedi.  He'll kill when he must, but he doesn't do it if the situation doesn't call for it.

• Like 1

This last episode was actually good. Maybe the first one of the season. Would have been amazing if it weren't for the horrific display of acting and writing with the aliens in the rescue team. every moment with them was cringe as hell.

Bill Burr was amazing. Thought he was one of the only characters all season that didn't suffer from terrible overacting. idk maybe it was just because he just used a lot of his own mannerisms, and I'm used to seeing them, but it felt like that was one of the best performances of the season.

The episode as a whole displayed really nice patience and tension too, for the first time this season so far. Loved the alternating scenes where Mando was hunting the crew, and the robot was hunting Baby Yoda. Also the moment where the robot got shot and Baby Yoda looks at his hand thinking he did it was hilarious.

Other than this episode, the show has been pretty awful. It kinda feels like every scene was done in one take, because of how badly the lines are delivered. It's honestly just been carried by Baby Yoda being adorable, as well as in part Pedro Pascal's performance.

11 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Agreed. Least favorite episode of the season. The acting felt off with the mercenary cast the whole time. Probably doesn't help that I can't stand Bill Burr.

It's not that I didn't like Barr's acting, it's just that they introduced his character as "one of the best triggermen I've ever seen", and then LITERALLY NOTHING that Barr does even comes close to portraying that. It just looks like they inserted him to have him in the show. And the other mercenaries were just as bad.

LIke, this episode felt like a low-budget action film, that's how bad it was until the end where we saw the X-Wings - that was good.

50 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I also loved this episode. I think we need to realize and accept that this is going to be a very episodic show. Whether you like or hate that, its what it is.

I think this is what it’s gonna end up being and I’ll just have to be okay with that. I thought it was a good episode, too. I don’t like Burr but I thought he was good here. Wasn’t just a random cameo either. 

overall, I would like for them to move the story along but I don’t think that’s what they’re going for.