The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

10 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Leave him alone.  Mandalorian is way cooler.  It's already lame enough they brought back Darth Maul from the dead.

I mean I agree but Maul coming back had so many cool storylines so eh.

24 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I mean I agree but Maul coming back had so many cool storylines so eh.

We all loved Darth Maul in Phantom Menace.  Ray Park was awesome in the role.  And yes, Maul died in a stupid way.  Lucas could've easily had a killer one on one fight sequence with Obi Wan eventually winning but he didn't.  The issue isn't that Maul was chopped in half and needed cybernetic replacements for his lower half.  It's that he fell several hundred feet and would've been paste wherever he landed.  There was no putting that back together.

Just now, thrILL! said:

We all loved Darth Maul in Phantom Menace.  Ray Park was awesome in the role.  And yes, Maul died in a stupid way.  Lucas could've easily had a killer one on one fight sequence with Obi Wan eventually winning but he didn't.  The issue isn't that Maul was chopped in half and needed cybernetic replacements for his lower half.  It's that he fell several hundred feet and would've been paste wherever he landed.  There was no putting that back together.

The Force has never been shown to slow one's momentum?  Ever?  Never ever ever? 

The fall is the most believable part.  If you're going to take issue with something, take issue with him surviving being cut in half and Qui Gon dying from a stab, not a Sith lord trained in the ways of the Force stopping himself from a hard landing. 

It's really not remotely unbelievable in the world of Star Wars.  Say Maul's species has different anatomy and that the lightsaber would cauterized the wound, Maul used the Force to slow his fall and it's perfectly plausible in the universe as established.  

This belongs in my Plot Hole rant.  No offense to you, but your imagination is seriously stunted if you can't assume that Maul used the Force to slow his fall.  Especially when in Empire Strikes Back, Luke was shown to have survived a similar fall by guiding himself to a vent. 

Like come on, man. 

Edited by Outpost31

52 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The Force has never been shown to slow one's momentum?  Ever?  Never ever ever? 

The fall is the most believable part.  If you're going to take issue with something, take issue with him surviving being cut in half and Qui Gon dying from a stab, not a Sith lord trained in the ways of the Force stopping himself from a hard landing. 

It's really not remotely unbelievable in the world of Star Wars.  Say Maul's species has different anatomy and that the lightsaber would cauterized the wound, Maul used the Force to slow his fall and it's perfectly plausible in the universe as established.  

This belongs in my Plot Hole rant.  No offense to you, but your imagination is seriously stunted if you can't assume that Maul used the Force to slow his fall.  Especially when in Empire Strikes Back, Luke was shown to have survived a similar fall by guiding himself to a vent. 

Like come on, man. 

I'd imagine (yes, I have a flourishing imagination you condescending prick) that being cut in half would severely impair his ability to use the force to save himself.  You cannot be serious.  This isn't getting your hand cut off.  He's literally being cut in half.  You say it like that isn't catastrophic trauma to the body.  If it's so easy to recover from being cut in half, how come Snoke didn't survive it?  He was more powerful than Maul ever was.  Keep making excuses tho for why Maul is alive to fit your narrative.

Also, Luke survived his fall bcuz he was the protagonist and he wasn't cut in half either. 

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

I'd imagine (yes, I have a flourishing imagination you condescending prick) that being cut in half would severely impair his ability to use the force to save himself.  You cannot be serious.  This isn't getting your hand cut off.  He's literally being cut in half.  You say it like that isn't catastrophic trauma to the body.  If it's so easy to recover from being cut in half, how come Snoke didn't survive it?  He was more powerful than Maul ever was.  Keep making excuses tho for why Maul is alive to fit your narrative.

Also, Luke survived his fall bcuz he was the protagonist and he wasn't cut in half either. 

Oh okay so I didn’t know the force cut off at waist, but not hand.  Force must come from the penis and vagina.  Force stops once you get cut in half.  

The force doesn’t work for antagonists.  Crazy how Dooku uses it or Yoda since he's just a side character.  

As far as Snoke, he got cut in half at an older age and as a clone, not Maul’s species whatever that is.  Like I said, all it takes in a universe such as this is to suspend disbelief enough for Maul’s species to be different physiologically enough to survive.  It’s no harder to stretch that than it is to stretch Vader had the power to lift Sidius up and throw him over the ledge with ten billion force volts going through him.

Edited by Outpost31

On 5/6/2020 at 8:16 AM, BroncosFan2010 said:

The entire episode that Waititi directed is the best thing to come out of live action Star Wars since TLJ, and I actually liked Rogue One and Solo. 

The last 6 cannon movies have been so forgettable. I cant even imagine what they could have been if Waititi directed them all. 

The dude is a treasure. Ragnarok is my favoite MCU movie as well. 

What we do in the shadows is an amazing film by him as well.

You have to suspend your belief here in Star Wars because of the Force.  Anything is possible.  Palpatine survived falling down the Death Star reactor shaft in both EU and canon.  Anakin Skywalker should've died on Mustafar losing the rest of his real limbs and being left to burn alive.  Darth Krayt survived for over 150 years as a human.  Then you have the whole story of the Ones and Abeloth.  In the EU, Boba Fett does survive the Sarlacc due to his Beskar armor.  As the Sarlacc digests beings over thousands of years, chances are that Fett could survive with his armor and claw his way out of there.  

I don't have an issue with him coming back at all, I just wonder how they are going to pull it off and what kind of relationship he has with our current Mando.  

It is heavily implied that the Force can immaculately concept. It's widely known to extend natural life spans. Kylo Ren took a bowcaster to the gut that flung dudes 10+ feet dead and survived to have an extended saber battle. Both light and dark, the force has proven time and again to give and maintain life. Not really hard to accept without throwing all of Star Wars out the window. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You have to suspend your belief here in Star Wars because of the Force.  Anything is possible.  Palpatine survived falling down the Death Star reactor shaft in both EU and canon.  Anakin Skywalker should've died on Mustafar losing the rest of his real limbs and being left to burn alive.  Darth Krayt survived for over 150 years as a human.  Then you have the whole story of the Ones and Abeloth.  In the EU, Boba Fett does survive the Sarlacc due to his Beskar armor.  As the Sarlacc digests beings over thousands of years, chances are that Fett could survive with his armor and claw his way out of there.  

I don't have an issue with him coming back at all, I just wonder how they are going to pull it off and what kind of relationship he has with our current Mando.  

Stop.  Anakin got turned into a burnt rug mat and survived, but we have to draw the line at getting cut in half. 

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Another Clone Wars/Rebels character will make their live action debut. This makes much more sense than Boba.

Nice that they got the voice actor for the live action role too

This should explain how the Dark Sabre ended up with Gideon. Last we saw it in cannon was towards the end of Rebels when Sabine left it to her to lead the unified mandolorians

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Nice that they got the voice actor for the live action role too

Reveal hidden contents

This should explain how the Dark Sabre ended up with Gideon. Last we saw it in cannon was towards the end of Rebels when Sabine left it to her to lead the unified mandolorians

Not a chance they would recast her. This is her genre 

Surprised all these castings were kept secret for so long. Filming for season 2 concluded in March.

Sabine Wren will probably be confirmed soon as well, especially if it will set up her rumored live action show with Ahsoka