The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

Smart for them to put in on the Disney steaming service to make people get and sign up for that BS, and also smart to not put it in theaters in case it bombs azz.

There is a reason Boba Fett is cool, it is because he says little to nothing and has a great designed helmet, same with Darth Maul and his look.  Doubt this 'Mandalorian' will have that same cool factor when it is so forced and focused on him, what he is a good guy saving people, whatever....

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Smart for them to put in on the Disney steaming service to make people get and sign up for that BS, and also smart to not put it in theaters in case it bombs azz.

There is a reason Boba Fett is cool, it is because he says little to nothing and has a great designed helmet, same with Darth Maul and his look.  Doubt this 'Mandalorian' will have that same cool factor when it is so forced and focused on him, what he is a good guy saving people, whatever....

I say this with the caveat that it all comes from Legends.........but I really enjoyed every time the Mandalorians were brought up.  In the KOTOR games, Canderous Ordo was written and acted extremely well and in the second game, was Mandalore.  In SWTOR, I really liked what they did with Shae Vizla and her portrayal of Mandalore.  One of my favorite book series was the Reoublic/Imperial Commando books, the latter of which explored some of the Mandalorian culture, which was further explored in the Legacy of the Force series when Jaina Solo is training with Boba Fett and his granddaughter.  They can be awesome in a heavy speaking role.  It's all on the writers not to screw it up.  

8 hours ago, Acgott said:

I'm actually excited to see the portrayal of Moff Gideon.  This would be the first time in the new canon that they actually explore an Imperial leader who became a warlord or went rogue.  Until this point, the only portrayal are those loyal to the Empire and died (Admiral Versio in Battlefront 2) or trying to rebuild into the First Order (Admiral Rax and Sloane)  

Perhaps we should update this thread title to Star Wars TV or something along those lines.  Disney also announced Ewan McGregor reprising his role as Obi-Wan for a TV series, and Diego Luna has signed up for a Cassian Andor film, both to be set between Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One/A New Hope

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

okay I’m starting to get excited about this.  I was worried about how it would look on a TV budget (mind you we have already seen those rise like with GoT).  This 2nd trailer looks outstanding.  The CGI looks like big budget film quality.  

• Like 1