Brent Urban Signed to 1-year Deal

berlin calling

1 minute ago, berlin calling said:

seemingly. will have to check that, sorry!

It's fine. When you post a link it will automatically embed but does offer the option to be posted as a link instead. Maybe you're accidentally clicking that black bar option?

Glad to see Brent back on a one year deal, he's productive while not injured. Let's hope for the entire this year. 

Had a thought today. I remember seeing that Julius Thomas was being released. I'm not sure how cheap he would come but I see him as a potential target by the Ravens. Joe loves his tight ends and Thomas gives him a big body to throw to when needed. What do y'all think about JT? 

Bringing back Urban certainly indicates that the FO has accepted Kaufusi and Wormley as largely wasted picks at this point. Kaufusi's only role with the team could be as a pass rushing 5 tech and now with Urban back, that won't be happening. Neither Chris nor Bronson can beat out Willie Henry, Michael Pierce, or Urban for playing time. Add in ZDS subbing in as an inside rusher and it's a wrap.

Nice. Urban flashes like a very good player. A real difference maker. But, he makes 0 difference when he's on IR.

Our entire starting defense is back now. 

Whereas, we have a good chance of losing our starting center, both WRs, TE.... 

Still waiting for another defense-defense-defense-defense draft. 

On 3/7/2018 at 3:00 PM, DreamKid said:

Bringing back Urban certainly indicates that the FO has accepted Kaufusi and Wormley as largely wasted picks at this point. Kaufusi's only role with the team could be as a pass rushing 5 tech and now with Urban back, that won't be happening. Neither Chris nor Bronson can beat out Willie Henry, Michael Pierce, or Urban for playing time. Add in ZDS subbing in as an inside rusher and it's a wrap.

I think you may be reading a bit too much into this.

Also, who is playing over who can be a tricky beast at times.  If Wormley or Kaufusi were playing more, one could say that it doesn't look good for Henry, Pierce or Urban that they've been passed on the depth chart.  Sort of a criticism available either way.

Yea, calling Wormley a waste now is a bit much.

Urban is just signed for one more year. It could very likely be a catch-and-release if he just uses this season to get/stay healthy which would lead to a bigger contract for him somewhere else and a nicer comp pick for us.

Archived