What would you do if you where Woody Johnson ?

doumeyer

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Here is something we never gave any though about. Would you take one young of the QB's in the draft that might fall to us at six ,for a cheaper price. Or sign a FA QB for three year at 90 million? We would all probably say lets pay the guy the 90 million, but it is not our money it is Woody Johnson decision. My feeling is I will be happy either way, but I am leaning towards signing Cousins. At this point of time I have no idea what the contact is between Woody & Mac. This time next week we will know. Mr Johnson is not a hands on owner like Craft or Jones, and that has been one of our problems for years,

Those are different types of owners though. Craft is involved but he leaves personnel decisions to BB. Jones, on the other hand, he is in the war room with his sleeves rolled up. He is the owner, GM, President.....

Having an owner like Jerry Jones is dangerous. I mean look at the Redskins with Dan Snyder

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Thing is we have to hit the cap floor so Woody “or his brother” HAVE TO spend money this offseason.

Hes talking more about Woody/Chris being involved in decision making in FA process.

21 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Hes talking more about Woody/Chris being involved in decision making in FA process.

They want to sell tickets. Cousins will sell tickets and guarantee us battling for the playoffs every year. A rookie is a wildcard. There’s no question in my mind they want Cousins. Just whether Cousins wants us is the thing.

The money will have to be spent one way or another. The new CBA mandates a 89% spending threshold from 2017 to 2020. We were the cheapest team in terms of cash spent in 2017, and we're already $10 million below the cap floor. Eventually we will need to pay that up (unless Woody is OK with picking up the tab and disbursing it to the NFLPA instead of players for players on his own team), so it's not really a question of the actual spending part - its how to do it. 

The most logical way is Cousins, but if he signs elsewhere, we'll have to splurge on a few guys this year and next year to avoid penalty in 2020. 

Archived