2018 "SHOW ME" guys

MWil23

In the doldrums of the off-season, I was thinking of guys this year that REALLY need to produce/show major signs of improvement in order to be considered building pieces or foundational pieces of this organization going forward. Here are mine:

*Corey Coleman. He's been extremely disappointing, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt since he's been hurt and had horrific QB play. That said, he has dropped a lot of passes (Pitt last year), has been injured (cause for concern), and been "around trouble" (curfew, elevator incident, etc.) though not directly implicated. It's time for him to be the guy that we drafted him to be

Josh Gordon: Can you play a full season and stay clean for a full year? If so, I think WE pay him his next contract.

Peppers: I'm giving him a 100% pass for last year. He was playing out of my television screen, let alone out of position. That said, let's see how he looks for a full year while he's in the box as an overhang/SS.

Shon Coleman: I thought he had an OK 1st year as a RT. However, he's an older 3rd year player and showed flashes of being both good and bad. Coming out of Auburn, he was never going to contribute year 1 as an OL. If he continues to improve, he's our RT going forward. If not, that's somewhat of a priority to be addressed, to go along with LT potentially as well.

Who are yours?

Seth Devale for me....I was thinking this guy was going to come in and essentially be just like the TE we had a few years ago who was a concussion case that left for Miami. I was really looking for him to step up last year and catch about 50 passes.

I would also say our "Young Olineman" as a group, that Tretter, Zach Banner, Drango and #5th round pick Rod Johnson....are you guys solid backups who are developing into starters or are you just big guys taking up a roster spot?

Darius Jackson....a kid who has been stashed on our team for the past 2 season and hasent played....Eastern Mich kid who is 6'0 220 with supposedly 4.3 speed

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/darius-jackson-remarkable-pro-day/

And lastly...I was a HUGE Bug Howard fan coming out last year......I'd like to see what he can do......just to be fair...I was SUPER high on Rashad Higgens also....

Personally, I cut Gordon as fast as possible, let some other bottom feeding organization take the chances with him. As long as he is on our roster, he is a cancer on the team and just another distraction to keep us from becoming a winner.

Sure, we are all hoping that he returns to that one great season and remains a solid human being, but if he doesn't, he will bring this whole team down with him and no successful franchise wants a player like him on their team, especially a rebuilding one.

Teams just have to get over player like Gordon and move on ASAP, or in the end, he will destroy this franchise even further into the abyss.

8 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Personally, I cut Gordon as fast as possible, let some other bottom feeding organization take the chances with him. As long as he is on our roster, he is a cancer on the team and just another distraction to keep us from becoming a winner.

Sure, we are all hoping that he returns to that one great season and remains a solid human being, but if he doesn't, he will bring this whole team down with him and no successful franchise wants a player like him on their team, especially a rebuilding one.

Teams just have to get over player like Gordon and move on ASAP, or in the end, he will destroy this franchise even further into the abyss.

giphy-downsized-large.gif 

I don’t have Hue down because the scales already are tipped against him to me. 

I actually like the original list. Corey Coleman above all. He’s been hurt a lot but hasn’t really shown at all that he’s able to be a good starter to this point. This year is likely now or never for him to start and be productive in Cleveland. 

Jabril not 30 yds from the ball will be telling. 

Whether Ogbah is a role DE or taking his game to the next level long term could be shown also.

I actually think it’s a big year for guys like Jamie Collins also. He’s getting paid top dollar at LB. He has been decent overall but not up to his paycheck. If Burgess continues to look good and Collins doesn’t up his game a bit, I have him on the roster lookout for 2019.

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

Yeah, I will keep beating this dead horse till it is a done deal, because he has to go if we want this team to advance. But I do like the thought!!!

Yeah going 1-27 while Gordon was away from the team proved that.

7 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Dude played great up until his injury. 

Still, 9 total sacks over two years as part of a front seven that ranked dead last in total pressures last year. As a group that gets called a strength, they have a lot to prove. 

Especially Ogbah going into year three given the recent news about our interest in adding Chubb or trying to trade for Robert Quinn.

Archived