2018 "SHOW ME" guys

MWil23

We can never have too much pass-rush. Right now, Ogbah is in the realm of Jabaal Sheard as a pass-rusher, solid - good. Needs to win 1-on-1 more. Which is why I want Chubb: just as good of a run defender as Ogbah, but more ability as a pass-rusher. If both pan out, great. Garrett, Ogbah, and Chubb can still be on the field together quite a bit. 

Our three guys could be the future 08 superbowl Giants who won because of Osi Umenyoira, Justin Tuck, and Strahan

Or, the 2012 superbowl giants who used the same recipe to win with Osi U, Tuck, and JPP. 

2 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

We can never have too much pass-rush. Right now, Ogbah is in the realm of Jabaal Sheard as a pass-rusher, solid - good. Needs to win 1-on-1 more. Which is why I want Chubb: just as good of a run defender as Ogbah, but more ability as a pass-rusher. If both pan out, great. Garrett, Ogbah, and Chubb can still be on the field together quite a bit. 

Our three guys could be the future 08 superbowl Giants who won because of Osi Umenyoira, Justin Tuck, and Strahan

Or, the 2012 superbowl giants who used the same recipe to win with Osi U, Tuck, and JPP. 

I would buy into this if Chubb were special, but he is not.

There is special talent on the DL next year, and then some.

That's when I would add that piece to the puzzle.

1 minute ago, Fatgerman said:

The Giants beat the GOAT, the dynasty twice.

This way,  the Browns will be beating the Rams and Eagles dynasties in the future, cuz Goff and Wentz just wont be able to get past that dam Browns front 4 of Ogbah, Chubb, Ogunjobi, and Garrett 

Dream with me, boys  :x:):D   

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I would buy into this if Chubb were special, but he is not.

There is special talent on the DL next year, and then some.

That's when I would add that piece to the puzzle.

I gotta disagree Bruce. I been watching Chubb all year, and he is pretty close to, and actually more athletic than, Bosa. Remember, most nationally thought the Bosa love was pure homerism, and he wasnt bendy or athletic enough to be a dominant pass-rusher. But most Buckeye fans had watched him enough to know better. His technique, hands, and strength made him a beast, even if he didnt run a 4.5, or was the most flexible.

Think about it, buddy. Watch him operate a lil more before you lock in that opinion.

9 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I gotta disagree Bruce. I been watching Chubb all year, and he is pretty close to, and actually more athletic than, Bosa. Remember, most nationally thought the Bosa love was pure homerism, and he wasnt bendy or athletic enough to be a dominant pass-rusher. But most Buckeye fans had watched him enough to know better. His technique, hands, and strength made him a beast, even if he didnt run a 4.5, or was the most flexible.

Think about it, buddy. Watch him operate a lil more before you lock in that opinion.

I am not saying that he is not good.

He is just not elite, which is what we should be getting at #4.

I want more value for that pick.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why is this about Ogbah?  He’s just fine and no one we sign is taking his snaps.

This should be about Nassib and Orchard, who are not fine and whose reps a vet would be taking.

Because those guys are trash. Ogbah is decent but to me he's a guy I would like to see make a leap. How is that not 'show me' lol

33 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

Because those guys are trash. Ogbah is decent but to me he's a guy I would like to see make a leap. How is that not 'show me' lol

I think that if we can see Ogbah and Garrett on the field together for an extended period of time, the whole will be greater than the sum of the parts, with Ogbah shining, too.

7 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

Ogbah was on pace for 10 sacks last season, mostly playing without Garrett and was an top shelf run defender.

What more are you reasonably expecting from him?

Prove it guys for me:

Corey Coleman - Crap or get off the pot, simple and plain

Back up DEs - Nassib has his moments but I need to see if he has another level, Orchard is a lot of nothing to me. We need a guy with some juice, Jacksonville was pretty much set at DE and still took Yannick Ngakoue and he is instant pressure whenever he is on the field. Duke Ejiofor,Kemoko Turay, Josh Sweat, Arden Key, Ade Aruna, 

Christian Kirksey - There was a time where I thought he was a poor man's Derrick Johnson, now for some reason I am just super meh on him, either reach your peak or gone

Joe Schobert - Maybe not fair to pick on Joe but I'm not sure what/or if he has another level

David Njoku - Grow up/Catch the ball/be a force

10 hours ago, bruceb said:

I am not saying that he is not good.

He is just not elite, which is what we should be getting at #4.

I want more value for that pick.

100% agreed, and we should be asking these type of questions of all prospects. Plus still even after the combine, no one can tell me what makes Chubb worthy of a top - 5 pick? Also do you guys realize that Chubb and Ogbah's numbers are identical (although Ogbah had a faster 10 yard split and 3 cone), one went #32 overall and the other is supposed to be a top 5 pick.

Also, people who are complaining about Ogbah (who I was at one point until I actually thought) Ogbah actually became a complete player, you cannot run the ball to Ogbah's side, in one year he became a stud run defender and was on his way to double digit sacks before he was hurt.

Archived