The Jarvis Landry Thread

DreamKid

Yeah, I split some posts into this new topic. It's big enough to have it's own thread.

Sounds like this situation could be heating up. With free agency about to start I imagine if Baltimore wanted Landry they're going to make a move real soon. With their limited cap space it's either acquire Jarvis or go a completely different route.

I'm guessing the team's thought process could be, Landry is better than any WR we could pick in the 2nd round and he's the perfect foundation to begin rebuilding this positional group around. We might be losing our 2nd round pick :(. 

I could be wrong, but "nothing imminent" is bad news for the Dolphins.  IIRC the Phins need to trade him to get under the cap by close of business on March 14.

Maybe we're playing hardball to get the asking price down with Miami?

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

I could be wrong, but "nothing imminent" is bad news for the Dolphins.  IIRC the Phins need to trade him to get under the cap by close of business on March 14.

Maybe we're playing hardball to get the asking price down with Miami?

Agreed. Miami has to realize that they’re likely not going to get anything more than a 3rd round pick out of this. Most they might see is a 3rd this season and a 4th next year or something.

But teams already have to commit that much for Landry and now they’re asking for draft pick compensation too. Anything a third and above would provide them with more compensation than they would’ve gotten via a compensatory selection.

I made the mistake of actually looking into just how good Landry is and boy was that a mistake. He would bring what Boldin brought to this team but at a whole other level, he's a special player. The prospect of not getting him was easier when I, like most people, thought he was just a soon to be overpaid slot receiver. I don't want to give up a second because it's too valuable of a pick and a third is harder to give up in this draft because I view that as Ian Thomas's punched in ticket to this team. A 4th and a player would be ideal for me.

The Dolphins got greedy and now they might pay for it. They pissed off Landry and now they'll either have to eat the 16 mill cap hit with a disgruntled player, or accept lesser compensation than they could've got to get him off the books. The catch is though, he still has to agree to a deal with the team he would be traded to, which makes it even harder for them. 

1 minute ago, drd23 said:

I'm not upset we didn't pay that sort of price on top of a potential $10-14m/yr contract

Agreed. He would've been a good player for us, but so will that 3rd round pick, next years 4th, and the players that 14 mill can get us.

15 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Agreed. He would've been a good player for us, but so will that 3rd round pick, next years 4th, and the players that 14 mill can get us.

I think this is the resounding opinion of most Ravens fan. If we signed him, I would've been fine with it. On the other hand, not spending that money in one guy is a little weight off the mind. 

Let's try and grab Jimmy Graham, draft Ridley, Moore or Sutton. Grab a free agent WR like a Moncrief or possibly Cobb if released. Maybe even a mid round WR too.  

16 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Will they? The 3rd round picks like Wormley and kaufuasi,  Tim williams?? If they lost out because they didn't want to give up a 3rd, I'm gonna be pretty po'd

Archived