The Jarvis Landry Thread

DreamKid

1 minute ago, paraven said:

Will they? The 3rd round picks like Wormley and kaufuasi,  Tim williams?? If they lost out because they didn't want to give up a 3rd, I'm gonna be pretty po'd

You can hardly judge Wormley or Tim Williams as of right now. They have barely had a year in our system. Wormley didn't get much rotation and neither did Williams. Let's wait another year or two before we label them disappointments. 

19 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I think this is the resounding opinion of most Ravens fan. If we signed him, I would've been fine with it. On the other hand, not spending that money in one guy is a little weight off the mind. 

What's going to be really great is when Jarvis Landry finds out Tavon Young exists. He'll lock Landry down twice a year.

Just now, DreamKid said:

What's going to be really great is when Jarvis Landry finds out Tavon Young exists. He'll lock Landry down twice a year.

I was watching one of the videos on the Ravens Facebook page. I think it was one of the question ones. They mentioned how we have young CB depth by naming Humphrey, Canady, Hill. No mention of Tavon. I was like WTH? 

He had a solid rookie campaign. I'm really excited to get him back. Young, Jimmy, Humphrey should be great. I wouldn't mind bringing Carr back either. Don't see it happening though. 

20 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

You can hardly judge Wormley or Tim Williams as of right now. They have barely had a year in our system. Wormley didn't get much rotation and neither did Williams. Let's wait another year or two before we label them disappointments. 

Im not calling them disappointments, im just saying no way will they impact a game like landry can

7 minutes ago, paraven said:

Im not calling them disappointments, im just saying no way will they impact a game like landry can

They also don’t impact the cap like Landry does. We’ll get 4 years of rookie pay out of them. Marshal Yanda was a third round pick as well.

And this is shaping up to be one of the best day 2 drafts in some time. We quite easily could come away with a pro bowl caliber running back with that third rounder. Someone like Nick Chubb, Rashaad Penny, or Sony Michel. Or it could be a pro bowl caliber OL prospect like Orlando Brown, Tyrell Crosby, Martinas Rankin, or Frank Ragnow.

So it’s opportunity cost and law of averages. If Landry cost less money or the Dolphins were asking for less, it might’ve made sense. But as it stands Landry could quite easily get into another domestic violence incident next season after we had signed him and suddenly he’s looking more like fools gold and we’re simply looking more like fools.

58 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

They also don’t impact the cap like Landry does. We’ll get 4 years of rookie pay out of them. Marshal Yanda was a third round pick as well.

And this is shaping up to be one of the best day 2 drafts in some time. We quite easily could come away with a pro bowl caliber running back with that third rounder. Someone like Nick Chubb, Rashaad Penny, or Sony Michel. Or it could be a pro bowl caliber OL prospect like Orlando Brown, Tyrell Crosby, Martinas Rankin, or Frank Ragnow.

So it’s opportunity cost and law of averages. If Landry cost less money or the Dolphins were asking for less, it might’ve made sense. But as it stands Landry could quite easily get into another domestic violence incident next season after we had signed him and suddenly he’s looking more like fools gold and we’re simply looking more like fools.

So was Brandon Williams

13 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

A 4TH AND A 7TH WAS ALL IT TOOK.....

WHY COULDN'T WE DO THAT?

nope better to save those picks for some underachieving defensive lineman to help keep the bench warm.. ridiculous.. If its the contract that steered them away, then say goodbye to Arob too, he will demand big money and get it too

Archived