Titans release RB DeMarco Murray

marky mark

On 3/9/2018 at 10:23 PM, Heinz D. said:

Ummm...do it for another season?

The money I speak of should remain with Murray, with the Titans using a low level (or even UFA) slot for another back. If Murray ends up being the third back--GASP!--that's absolutely fine. It's only money. 

And what's that Murray money doing for you, if Henry does ultimately end up putting him on the sidelines like a rotational back this year?  That's money you can spend to make your team better in any other different area...that you'd have tied up in a #2RB.

Obviously they need to actually hit on a more "affordable" RB to tag team with Henry, or at least spell him reliably...But you can probably afford to throw a pair of darts even, for the pricetag.  Maybe even one in the draft, a budget one in FA where rotational/depth RBs tend to get paid pennies.  If you get decent performance out of at least one of the two...you're in alright shape.

On 3/9/2018 at 11:39 PM, Heinz D. said:

No, I didn't watch the playoffs. At all. I actually try not to watch football, or follow it very closely. That makes it all that much more enjoyable to post on football forum sites.

And the wisdom of a team who has Super Bowl aspirations approaching the season with the plan to "find out" if their second string running back can be a "true feature back" is absolutely unassailable. You've got me there. I'll let you far more knowledgeable folks retake the discussion, and lay out how three or four million dollars in cap space is worth potentially blowing a hole in your roster.

Peace! 

Lol. I agree. Post first. Watching is for l0053rs

Archived