Rams sign CB Sam Shields

RamRod

23 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

Hope he isn't Robey-Coleman's replacement.

It could be more of a Webster insurance thing. Remember he tore his Achilles late in the season so I don’t think he will be ready to start the season. Maybe the coaching staff will take their time with him in bringing him back to make sure he is right when he gets back. That’s just my opinion. Tru won’t be back but I think NRC will be.

I like this signing.  I think it’s a low risk (for us, not him) and high reward.  Hope he can stay healthy because concussions are not something to mess with.  

I also dont think this will have much affect on plans at the position moving foward because who knows what we’ll get out of him. 

Always liked Shields. I'll admit I'm nervous about his concussion history and even voiced on another forum I didn't want us to sign him because of it. But he clearly wants to play and I hope he's able to do that and stay healthy.

57 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Always liked Shields. I'll admit I'm nervous about his concussion history and even voiced on another forum I didn't want us to sign him because of it. But he clearly wants to play and I hope he's able to do that and stay healthy.

From the other Rams fan in NV;

same! 

13 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

It could be more of a Webster insurance thing. Remember he tore his Achilles late in the season so I don’t think he will be ready to start the season. Maybe the coaching staff will take their time with him in bringing him back to make sure he is right when he gets back. That’s just my opinion. Tru won’t be back but I think NRC will be.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kayvon is a cap casualty. We would save nearly 3 Mil from letting him go. He may not be right until midway through the season either

14 hours ago, chris00cm said:

Hope he isn't Robey-Coleman's replacement.

He shouldnt be, especially seeing as he may never actually be able to stay on the field. But man, if we can lock up NRC, our CB group is nasty looking

• Marcus Peters
  • Aquib Talib
  • NRC
  • Troy Hill
  • Sam Shields
  • Kayvon Webster

50 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

He shouldnt be, especially seeing as he may never actually be able to stay on the field. But man, if we can lock up NRC, our CB group is nasty looking

• Marcus Peters
  • Aquib Talib
  • NRC
  • Troy Hill
  • Sam Shields
  • Kayvon Webster

If Sam is himself, he's easily the 3rd best CB on your team, and he really isn't that far off from Talib. Now that's 2015 Shields, the last year he played, so obviously there is a massive question mark. He was a flat out stud though here, best athlete on the team. Legit 4.3 speed, caught Julio from behind in a game from 10 yards back.

Treat him right, left GB amicably so he's still loved up here. I'm hoping he finds the end to his career he is hoping for.

1 hour ago, Boboso20 said:

Can Shields play the nickel? 

If NRC gets a big offer and bolts who would take his place? 

Joyner coming down and Davis back at FS is what I’m thinking 

Not gonna happen. Will just draft or sign someone. Maybe a Brandon Boykin who played well in the slot. Don't want to take Lamarcus out of his best spot, hurts our defense in two spots instead of just ailing us in possibly one.

Archived