Broncos trade Talib to Rams

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is Talib still a good CB? I thought his play had fallen off?

I think his play fell off a bit and he's 32. Rams just hoping they can get one more year. If not, just cut him next season.

Just now, Nzd07 said:

I think his play fell off a bit and he's 32. Rams just hoping they can get one more year. If not, just cut him next season.

5th round pick for a 1 year rental... i dont think that's what they're hoping.

i know he has size, but does he have the skill set to transition to safety if foostpeed becomes a legit issue? i'm not so sure, he's always been a press guy

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Looks good on paper for the short term. Giving up a fifth round pick isn't bad. Jimmy G is going to have to bring his A game against the Rams.

He already shredded the best secondary in the NFL last season.

Jimmy ain’t worried bout the Rams.

I dislike the rams but I don't see why people are saying it's a bad move . There offense was good, and Talib and Peters are really good corners . Talib was amazing in wade phillips defense .

even if this is for two year rentail the rams where very good last year . 

4 minutes ago, raiderrocker18 said:

5th round pick for a 1 year rental... i dont think that's what they're hoping.

i know he has size, but does he have the skill set to transition to safety if foostpeed becomes a legit issue? i'm not so sure, he's always been a press guy

Maybe a two year rental. But with that cap hit, I don't see them keeping him in 2019 with dead cap not being an issue.

13 minutes ago, yrba1 said:

That's if we stay healthy, too bad Peters and Talib are under short term contracts. That secondary will get decimated fast if Peters is just a two-year rental.

Unless he becomes a massive locker-room cancer or his on-field performance falls off a cliff, I doubt he ends up a 2-year rental.  Talib's contract comes off the books right when Peters would be up for an extension (Peters could even be extended a year early to be honest and the cap-hit hike could just be put off until Talib's contract was off the books to counter-balance).

19 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is Talib still a good CB? I thought his play had fallen off?

Granted, I too take their rankings with a grain of salt, but Talib graded out as PFF's #15 CB in the league last season.

Archived