Talib traded to the Rams

FireVanceJoseph

3 minutes ago, FireVanceJoseph said:

Felt this deserved its own thread.

Absolutely.  GM Snead killing it for remodeling the D to fit Wade’s scheme.  Can’t wait to hear what we get.  Anything more than a 5th I’d take.  

Happy that he’s not going to the Pats and glad it’s the NFC.  I understand the move completely but easier to reduce impact on us if he can still maintain his play.  

Just now, Broncofan said:

Absolutely.  GM Snead killing it for remodeling the D to fit Wade’s scheme.  Can’t wait to hear what we get.  Anything more than a 5th I’d take.  

The rams are going crazy they still have tons of guys to sign Donald being 1. I think this compensation will be better than people thinl wade loved talib.

Just now, jsthomp2007 said:

I am really shocked the Broncos were able to trade Talib with his contract.  But, hey...Okay...that is a huge savings. One of my favorite Broncos of all time.  

He really was elways best free agent signing outside of Manning and Harris.

This was likely the best Elway could do (remember it's a late 5th).   All that talk about a 1st/2nd round pick was just out of touch with the cap reality nowadays.   Robert Quinn got a 4th, Alec Ogletree got a 4th and a 7th-to-6th upgrade.   

What's notable is that this happened with no QB clearly ID'd - I'm glad Elway realized no matter who we get, it was time to get younger and think toward the future.   Let's face it, we are unlikely 2018 contenders.  But this will help us towards 2019+, no matter who we get as QB - just don't mess that decision up, Elway!

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

This was likely the best Elway could do (remember it's a late 5th).   All that talk about a 1st/2nd round pick was just out of touch with the cap reality nowadays.   Robert Quinn got a 4th, Alec Ogletree got a 4th and a 7th-to-6th upgrade.   

What's notable is that this happened with no QB clearly ID'd - I'm glad Elway realized no matter who we get, it was time to get younger and think toward the future.   Let's face it, we are unlikely 2018 contenders.  But this will help us towards 2019+, no matter who we get as QB - just don't mess that decision up, Elway!

The thing with those trades is that the guy was getting cut anyway. Trading has become less about chasing after a guy you can’t get on the open market, and more about flipping a draft pick to get the guy before he gets cut and you need to bid against others. 

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

At least it is a later pick where Elway can't whiff on a 2nd or a 3rd round pick.  

7 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

The thing with those trades is that the guy was getting cut anyway. Trading has become less about chasing after a guy you can’t get on the open market, and more about flipping a draft pick to get the guy before he gets cut and you need to bid against others. 

Yes, and the bonus of not having him in the AFC, and not to the Pats....works for me.

Although we will have to play vs. LAR....maybe we can run crossing routes on him all day lol.  

Archived