Talib traded to the Rams

FireVanceJoseph

1 hour ago, elliot878 said:

Great trade for both sides.  Our d will miss Talib.  On top of his near elite play, he brings a nastiness and attitude to the defense.

I'm not trying to bash him. But talib got wreckless towards the end. Maybe thats all coaching. But the best ability is availability and he got suspended. 

Three questions with the trades for Peters and Talib. The Rams also signed Sam Shields any chance we bring Webster back or has that ship sailed?

2) does the Rams aquiring Talib make the aquistion of Peters safer? You can argue Peters is a young Talib.

3) what cbs in the draft mirror Chris Harris? I'd like to groom a Harris clone. A fiesty, smart, chip on the shoulder player who is undersized. I thinl grooming a like guy would do wonders .

7 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I think his salary going to 8 mill in 2019 is key. Thats closer to a safety salary. The worry is that he drop off during the year without safety experience.

Remember we wanted to keep drc over signing this guy? Hahaha

Remember they just tagged Lamarcus Joyner who plays that centre field safety role so I don’t think they’ll move him there. Talib is still a top 10 other, the main reason we’ve moved on from him is that Bradley Roby is due a big raise and Elway is betting on Roby to establish himself as a starting corner for the next 7-8 years rather than Talib for the next 2-3. 

8 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Three questions with the trades for Peters and Talib. The Rams also signed Sam Shields any chance we bring Webster back or has that ship sailed?

2) does the Rams aquiring Talib make the aquistion of Peters safer? You can argue Peters is a young Talib.

3) what cbs in the draft mirror Chris Harris? I'd like to groom a Harris clone. A fiesty, smart, chip on the shoulder player who is undersized. I thinl grooming a like guy would do wonders .

Denzel Ward plays similarly to Harris. Problem is he is likely a top ten pick.

I'm pleased we got as high a pick as we did for a guy who could have easily been cut. That's a nice haul, all things considered. Now with 11 picks, I'd have to expect a fair bit of wheeling and dealing. I do think there's plenty of room for younger players on this roster, because the back end is not nearly as solidified as Broncos fans think it is for some reason. I could see us using some draft capital especially in the 3rd and 4th rounds to nab some falling players. Don't forget, there's still the Su'a Cravens rumor out there, which would require a pick to be traded most likely.

9 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

1. I can't imagine we bring back Webster off a major injury and expect him to play a big role. Plus, isn't he under contract?

2. This is super beneficial for Peters.

3. I don't think we need an undersized corner, but Denzel Ward, as mentioned below, is a good comparable. I think we need someone with a little more length. Isaiah Oliver is a really tempting R2 prospect with his length and ability.

Well, hard to say the team has gotten better (or is a more desirable place for free agents to sign) when you trade a borderline HOF CB. The return is nice, better than I expected, but if I'm a guy like Derek Wolfe or Chris Harris Jr who took a hometown discount to stay here and compete for world championships, I'm not a happy camper right now. 

I mean this has been discussed on this forum for years now, what year could we feasibly move on from Talib?

At 32 his play may start to slip a bit, but the biggest thing we gain is ability to get younger and use that money(hopefully) on shoring up other positions and we avoid the headcase part of Talib. 

16 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

I mean this has been discussed on this forum for years now, what year could we feasibly move on from Talib?

At 32 his play may start to slip a bit, but the biggest thing we gain is ability to get younger and use that money(hopefully) on shoring up other positions and we avoid the headcase part of Talib. 

This move makes total sense. Solid return, although it continues to be hilarious how much NFL teams overvalue draft picks. Most likely the Broncos will get nothing out of this 5th rounder, although it is nice to have some more ammo to move up.

Talib was a great Bronco, man. Gonna miss him in Denver. 

And we definitely need another corner that can play. Langley looks like a total bust in limited action. I know they are high on a couple of those undrafted guys from last year, but I would love to see another quality corner brought in. 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Well, hard to say the team has gotten better (or is a more desirable place for free agents to sign) when you trade a borderline HOF CB. The return is nice, better than I expected, but if I'm a guy like Derek Wolfe or Chris Harris Jr who took a hometown discount to stay here and compete for world championships, I'm not a happy camper right now. 

If Elway has lucked out on getting Cousins then he could well decide its time for a major rebuild.

We don't know if Wolfe will be back at any kind of top level because of injury. 

If they don't take up Stewart in the next week there is a cap saving of $4.5million

Cutting DT in the next couple of days saves $8million against the cap (although it appears Elway has confirmed that the option will be exercised). Sanders and Marshall also have similar options.

The big issue is that we need a major clear-out of the roster depth and much of the offence - its going to be an interesting few weeks

16 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Talib really had an incredible run here. 2015 and 2016 in particular were Hall of Fame seasons. Loved his passion for the game. 

Is Talib-Harris-Roby the best group of CBs ever put on the same field? 

I personally think so. You didn't really need 3 starting quality corners before this decade. 

25 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Talib really had an incredible run here. 2015 and 2016 in particular were Hall of Fame seasons. Loved his passion for the game. 

Is Talib-Harris-Roby the best group of CBs ever put on the same field? 

You could sure make that argument. Adding that 3rd CB really changes the dynamic.

Lot's more discussion if you're talking the best starting duo.

Archived