Broncos trade Aqib Talib to RAMS

RamPackFan

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Please not Key. Really hoping for one of Vea, Landry, Davenport, or Hubbard. 

I understand why people are concerned about Key but he is talented and I know what he can do. I follow the LSU program and Key talent is such that he literally can take over games. If people are worried about work ethic or off the field stuff then that’s why the Rams have a great locker room with guys like Donald, Joyner, and LSU alumni Brockers. Plus of course Wade. Btw didn’t Talib had even more issues coming into the league than Key? He didn’t truly become stable till he got with Wade. I want the talent and upside with Key. Now I like Landry and Davenport from what I hear has a huge ceiling and maybe I’m just LSU partial with Key but I love Key and think he will be a gem especially with the right team. 

45 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Avery Williamson

Todd Davis

Preston Brown

Navorro Bowman

Brian Cushing

Tahir Whitehead

Kevin Minter

I'm intrigued with the idea of bringing in Dansby or Derrick Johnson on cheap, one-year deals.

23 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I understand why people are concerned about Key but he is talented and I know what he can do. I follow the LSU program and Key talent is such that he literally can take over games. If people are worried about work ethic or off the field stuff then that’s why the Rams have a great locker room with guys like Donald, Joyner, and LSU alumni Brockers. Plus of course Wade. Btw didn’t Talib had even more issues coming into the league than Key? He didn’t truly become stable till he got with Wade. I want the talent and upside with Key. Now I like Landry and Davenport from what I hear has a huge ceiling and maybe I’m just LSU partial with Key but I love Key and think he will be a gem especially with the right team. 

All the reports on Key are bad right now. Out of shape with poor conditioning and effort during the season. Unimpressive in Combine interviews. Unimpressive in Combine testing. The red flags are glaring. Let some other sucker make that bet.

2 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

We've GOT to be going after some verteran LB's to fit Wade's 3-4 next - I have a hard time believing we're gonna fill those spots via 2018 Draft

We'll draft one of them.  Just because they're acquirable on Day 3 doesn't mean they're not capable of starting (it just means they lack the kind of traits that a lot of teams prioritize in their MLB's - particularly the sideline-to-sideline speed - that the Phillips-Burroughs doesn't necessarily require).  I've been saying for a while, a guy like Tegray Scales is carbon-copy the type of ILB Wade was fielding in Denver.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

All the reports on Key are bad right now. Out of shape with poor conditioning and effort during the season. Unimpressive in Combine interviews. Unimpressive in Combine testing. The red flags are glaring. Let some other sucker make that bet.

Dang I didn’t hear all those reports. If true then he needs to get his butt together because again I truly think if he does he has top 10 talent in this draft.

But yeah I’d be surprised if the Rams took him then in the 1st round. It will be interesting who will be there at 23 if the Rams even pick at 23. They could move up some or move down. 

1 hour ago, chris00cm said:

Jeez I remember him being smaller at UNC. I think Todd Davis is a virtual lock. Other than him, hard to say. I wouldn't expect a lot to be invested in the position.

And I'd take Brown over someone like Micah Kiser because while they're similar in terms of the less-than-ideal athleticism, Brown has demonstrated better instincts (which does a lot to compensate for that lack of athleticism).  Honestly, I'd probably take a shot at Mike McCray (even with his shoulder injury history) over Kiser.

And I still wouldn't be shocked if we opted for Corey Nelson over Davis, but we probably do snag one of the two.

Just now, The LBC said:

And I'd take Brown over someone like Micah Kiser because while they're similar in terms of the less-than-ideal athleticism, Brown has demonstrated better instincts (which does a lot to compensate for that lack of athleticism).  Honestly, I'd probably take a shot at Mike McCray (even with his shoulder injury history) over Kiser.

And I still wouldn't be shocked if we opted for Corey Nelson over Davis, but we probably do snag one of the two.

Brown? Zach Brown? The dude has athleticism out the wazzoo. But he's a liability in the running game. He's a chase LB.

I'd pass on Mike McCray. I don't think he's terrible, but he doesn't have the athleticism to hack it. I'd go for Kiser over him easily. But I really like Jack Cichy on Day 3 if the medical checks out. 

Corey Nelson can't play the thumper role. We could go after him for STs, but he's not playing next to Barron. Now, maybe he replaces Barron.

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

So Peters and Talib with NRC and Shields slot/4th and Hill as our 5th with Webster taking his time rehabbing right. Then Joyner and Johnson manning the secondary spot. Add a NT an Edge and an ILB or two and my goodness this defense.

Amen. I am absolutely LOVING this off-season!!!! Waw. 

29 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Brown? Zach Brown? The dude has athleticism out the wazzoo. But he's a liability in the running game. He's a chase LB.

I'd pass on Mike McCray. I don't think he's terrible, but he doesn't have the athleticism to hack it. I'd go for Kiser over him easily. But I really like Jack Cichy on Day 3 if the medical checks out. 

Corey Nelson can't play the thumper role. We could go after him for STs, but he's not playing next to Barron. Now, maybe he replaces Barron.

Thought you were talking about Andre Brown.

One other name to keep an eye on (and if were me, I'd be dangling one of our many 6ths in front of them; even if their FO is putting high price-tags on guys they may struggle to find playing time for) Mychal Kendricks in Philadelphia.  He played well last season in relief of the injured Jordan Hicks, but the Eagles are also trying to find a way to bring back Nigel Bradham who started ahead of Kendricks prior to Hicks' injury and that may have to come at the expense of Kendricks (who also has experience playing in a 3-4 from when Chip tried forcing that issue in Philly).

8 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Key's stock has really plummeted the past few weeks. As for his issues, I'm a little concerned about brining in too many guys with personalities like Peters and Talib. I feel our coaching staff can handle those two, but any more and we might go from having a great locker room presence to one with too many egos and bickering after a loss or two.

Archived