Broncos trade Aqib Talib to RAMS

RamPackFan

The beautiful thing is Rams play the AFC West so Peters and Talib will continue to shutdown those offenses. The Rams don’t go at least 3-1 in that division I’d be shocked.

As for the trade itself, I love it. We gave up a 2018 4th, 2018 5th, 2019 2nd and tagged Joyner for a little over 11m to have one of the best secondaries in the NFL with Peters, Talib, Joyner, and John Johnson. Now the Rams can focus on beefing up the linebacking group because nobody will be able to throw on the Rams. Donald could have a career year because the secondary will be locked down.

Man I don't know. Is Talib almost as good as Tru? We're going to be paying him $11 mil and sent a 5th round pick. For a little more we would've had a shot at Johnson and kept our 5th. 

Really bummed NRC won't come back. 

13 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I actually have my heart set on Navarro Bowman. Played on his team in my summer basketball class at Penn State and have always wanted him on the Rams. 

How'd he do last year with the Raiders? Does he still have what it takes? I didn't follow him at all to be honest

5 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Man I don't know. Is Talib almost as good as Tru? We're going to be paying him $11 mil and sent a 5th round pick. For a little more we would've had a shot at Johnson and kept our 5th. 

I'm betting they stay quiet in free agency, accumulating a 3rd and 4th round comp pick for these two in the next draft.

2 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

How'd he do last year with the Raiders? Does he still have what it takes? I didn't follow him at all to be honest

From what I remember, he started off slow but started playing better once he got more comfortable. I think he would be perfect with the other studs we already have, and we could probably get him cheaper than he should be. 

1 minute ago, chris00cm said:

I'm betting they stay quiet in free agency, accumulating a 3rd and 4th round comp pick for these two in the next draft.

I guess that makes sense. Man, my head is spinning from all these moves. 

I feel like I'm playing madden. 

25 minutes ago, JonStark said:

We better still go after NRC though. Talib and Shields should NOT affect that. 

Agreed.

24 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Trumaine is gone for sure now, yeah?  Need NRC for our nickel spot still

He's been gone imo.

22 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Boooooo.

7 minutes ago, JonStark said:

We're paying him $19 million over the next two years with none of it guaranteed. Talib is better than Tru, but he's older. We're avoiding all the risk and getting him at a relative discount.

Just now, JonStark said:

From what I remember, he started off slow but started playing better once he got more comfortable. I think he would be perfect with the other studs we already have, and we could probably get him cheaper than he should be. 

Zach Brown is another guy who intrigues me...dude is a tackling machine

Just now, jrry32 said:

Agreed.

He's been gone imo.

Boooooo.

We're paying him $19 million over the next two years with none of it guaranteed. Talib is better than Tru, but he's older. We're avoiding all the risk and getting him at a relative discount.

yea...I was thinking that too until I saw the Ogletree move? I thought there MAY be a slight chance Tru could get resigned. It's over now though.

6 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I guess that makes sense. Man, my head is spinning from all these moves. 

I feel like I'm playing madden. 

This is like the Pro Bowl lol. Goff Gurley Whitworth on offense. Zeurlein Hekker Cooper on special teams. Now Donald Peters Talib on defense. Like you do realize we have two of the top 5 or 6 cornerbacks in the league on the same team? Heck Joyner played at a Pro Bowl level last season and he should only be better this season with these guys coming in.

Archived