Broncos trade Aqib Talib to RAMS

RamPackFan

19 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, this nonsense revisionist history needs to stop. No he probably isnt a Top 10 CB, and was overpaid last year for his production. But he is still a Top 30 guy, especially back in the right system for him.

I agree in the right system he's a top 30 guy. That wasn't our system, hence him not playing like a number 1 last year. They let Janoris walk because he was a risk taker while Trumaine had just had his best year in the NFL. He's regressed since that season though and is not even in the same stratosphere as Talib or Peters in this scheme and if you try to make the argument that he is I don't know what to tell you.

8 hours ago, LARams91 said:

Not in our system.

Yea even in our system. You think there were 32 corners that played better on the outside than him last year? Our system didn't maximize his strengths, but he didn't look like Nnamdi when he went to the Eagles or DeAngelo hall when he went to Oakland. 

18 hours ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Yea even in our system. You think there were 32 corners that played better on the outside than him last year? Our system didn't maximize his strengths, but he didn't look like Nnamdi when he went to the Eagles or DeAngelo hall when he went to Oakland. 

Yes, I do. Especially who wouldn't cost us as much as he's demanding. Let's not forget the original comment I was going against was asking if Aqib Talib is as good as Trumaine Johnson, which is a funny question because Aqib is fair and away better. That's all I'm saying. I'd rather have Peters or Talib than Trumaine Johnson because he wasn't performing not only to what he thinks his worth is or to the level of Aqib Talib.

This is also a great signing because I believe Talib will really help Marcus Peters.  They come from a similar background and Talib has shown in the past his willingness to work with younger corners and help them.  I can tell by how other defensive backs in the league interact with him that most people respect him because of his play and who is he.  

I just think the Talib and Peters combo is going to be very devastating and work out fantastic.

Archived