The Lions Den: Visiting Free Agents

X_Factor_40

Trumaine off the market. 

DT and G still big holes, besides RB. Still think we have around $9 million in cap space before any other moves.

Trading Ebron for a draft pick would be great right now. Could sign a TE for a fraction of the $8 million+ he's owed.

Still think we trade ebron and a 6th for Ingram of the saints... 

cant believe we missed out on butler(after seeing the contract I’m happy) and Crowell 

like how we’re not getting the ‘big name’ fa’s and going for ‘football guys’

Here's a crazy thought on a free agent...AJ McCarron. We upgrade the backup QB spot plus if he signs somewhere next year we might get a comp pick. I think the market did not go the way he was expecting maybe we can get him on a one year deal. Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Trading Ebron for a draft pick would be great right now. Could sign a TE for a fraction of the $8 million+ he's owed.

You sure? Because Trey Burton got $8 million a year despite having half of the production. Cameron Brate got $7 million a year and he's supposed to be the #2 TE there in TB. Is Eifert going to take a discount? Who else is out there that could actually replace his production?

19 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Here's a crazy thought on a free agent...AJ McCarron. We upgrade the backup QB spot plus if he signs somewhere next year we might get a comp pick. I think the market did not go the way he was expecting maybe we can get him on a one year deal. Thoughts?

He would sign with the Patriots if that's the route he goes. They already expressed interest in him and its a better situation. 

43 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Dion Lewis signed a deal for $5 million/ year. Wonder what we could get Hyde for?

Probably about the same. That's a top 10 contract for a RB. I'd rather just save the money and get a cheap RB in FA and draft another in round 3.

1 hour ago, IDOG_det said:

Probably about the same. That's a top 10 contract for a RB. I'd rather just save the money and get a cheap RB in FA and draft another in round 3.

I still want to draft a guy and would not trust him to stay healthy but I'd like a $5 mil one year deal for Hyde. 

9 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

You sure? Because Trey Burton got $8 million a year despite having half of the production. Cameron Brate got $7 million a year and he's supposed to be the #2 TE there in TB. Is Eifert going to take a discount? Who else is out there that could actually replace his production?

Chicago is trying to throw big money at everyone. Doesn't mean we should follow their lead. Hell, Ravens just paid $$$ to a poor WR, doesn't mean that's the market. 

There are still numerous TEs out there that can produce 8 good games for us for less than $8 million, especially with Stafford at QB. Hell, sign Celek and draft a TE. 

12 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

Still think we trade ebron and a 6th for Ingram of the saints... 

cant believe we missed out on butler(after seeing the contract I’m happy) and Crowell 

like how we’re not getting the ‘big name’ fa’s and going for ‘football guys’

Well we don't have a 6th round pick so that would be tough to pull off...

If we could though, id be all for it!

also with the way FA has played out, would people be willing to trade up for Vita Vea?

4 minutes ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Well we don't have a 6th round pick so that would be tough to pull off...

If we could though, id be all for it!

also with the way FA has played out, would people be willing to trade up for Vita Vea?

Free agency has had no impact on my desire to do anything in the draft to be honest.  I think there is plenty of talent available and don't want to waste multiple resources for one guy at this point.

14 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

This man any good? He’d be in the slot for us.

We have lost out on a number of corners. At minimum he would've been depth. They haven't been bringing in guys because they're satisfied with our secondary.

35 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Free agency has had no impact on my desire to do anything in the draft to be honest.  I think there is plenty of talent available and don't want to waste multiple resources for one guy at this point.

I agree. I also don't think our free agency moves has deterred our draft choices. IMO, it just gives us insight into how Patricia is going to structure our defense and allows us to go BPA which is ideal.

Signing the two LBs we did shows us that Patricia wants to run some 3-4 hybrid defense. Both players can play in both schemes. This also means we need more LBs and that we'll need some DL that can move around in both schemes.

Quinn said we would be mining the 2nd and 3rd tier FAs so everyone take a breath. Grand daddy Frank Gore visiting today. For the record I believe he ran for more yards than our whole team last year at age 57. 

Just now, ¥€Ti said:

Quinn said we would be mining the 2nd and 3rd tier FAs so everyone take a breath. Grand daddy Frank Gore visiting today. For the record I believe he ran for more yards than our whole team last year at age 57. 

I'm okay with 2nd and 3rd tier guys. I don't like overpaying 2nd and 3rd tier guys. And other teams doing so because they have $70-90 million in cap space isn't justification for the Lions wasting what little space they have. 

Archived