The Lions Den: Visiting Free Agents

X_Factor_40

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I would love Suh back in Detroit, but I hate that its all about money.  Doesn't seem like he cares about winning much as long as he gets paid.

We see players do it all the time, Suhs the only one who flat out says it. I have no issue with wanting tomake as much money as possible. Lord knows I've taken a job or two just for monetary reasons. 

Assuming they close the deal on Gore, Lions are also meeting with Blount on Friday. I would have to imagine they wouldn't meet with him without intending on bringing him on as well.

Word is that the Ngata to Eagles deal isn't sealed and Lions are still interested in bringing him back. So we could be seeing a familiar face back on DL.

10 hours ago, Millenhater said:

I thought for the longest time that they would use a second on a RB but I kind of get the feeling they will spend a first on Guice if he's there. 

If they bring in Gore and/or Blount then I don't see them drafting a RB 1st round. They could bring Guice in in the 2nd (maybe even with their fist pick as part of a trade down) but they're not spending a 1st round pick on the guy. The Patriots don't over value the position and typically work as a committee. RB's also tend to have a fairly short shelf life.

27 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

If they bring in Gore and/or Blount then I don't see them drafting a RB 1st round. They could bring Guice in in the 2nd (maybe even with their fist pick as part of a trade down) but they're not spending a 1st round pick on the guy. The Patriots don't over value the position and typically work as a committee. RB's also tend to have a fairly short shelf life.

no way guice even gets out of the first.....i really dont want gore either....if we could trade down for an extra 2nd or 3rd...then get Guice...and then maybe a C/DE and then DT...idk lol

2 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

I think Tyler Eifert would be a good cheap option te for the lions. I mean his health problem-matic but he would come at a cheap rate.

I wouldn't mind seeing Eifert and a rookie being brought into the fold. Mark Andrews could wind up being Kelce/Ertz down the road. It looks like we're bringing Celek in for a visit as well.

Eifert back in Cincy; Ngata just signed a 1 year $3M deal with Eagles; Pats traded for Jason McCourty

News on a few guys that may have been on the radar of the Lions FO and/or fans.

Michael Crabtree was just released by Raiders as well.

Dontari Poe is off the market and word is Sheldon is close to a deal elsewhere. Two big DT options gone. 

Pouncey can't seem to keep healthy. Word is Miami could not have him practice with contact in order to keep him safe. I don' trust him here. 

Would like to sign Celek in the Fells role and then draft a TE. I don't like Roberts.

Joe Berger has been offered a contract I've read. Matt Slauson is coming in for a visit and isn't a terrible option at LG imo. I'd be happy signing both.  Gives the team real options at C/LG.

I'd like to see Justin Pugh brought in, I thought he was the Giants best offensive linemen and a really good LG. Wouldn't mind seeing Crabtree for a visit either. I like Ed Dickson better than Celek, just me personally.

Will be tough to watch the Vikings add Sheldon Richardson if they end up doing that. He's scheduled for dinner there.

Archived