The Lions Den: Visiting Free Agents

X_Factor_40

1 hour ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Well we don't have a 6th round pick so that would be tough to pull off...

If we could though, id be all for it!

also with the way FA has played out, would people be willing to trade up for Vita Vea?

I keep forgetting we don't have a 6th. if we have to make a 5th id still consider it...

depending on what we would have to give up to get Vea, id be include to do it.

3 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

He outplayed Ebron most of the year. He's a solid blocker, his hands are mediocre. He's not bad depth, but not someone you want to rely on. 

He'd probably be our third tight end, so good to know. Sounds like he'll replace Randall Tellfer for us.

Has Ebron been that big of a disappointment for you guys?

Just now, DawgX said:

He'd probably be our third tight end, so good to know. Sounds like he'll replace Randall Tellfer for us.

Some fans are still hanging onto his "potential", but outside of 8 games to finish the season after he was almost benched, he's been a major disappointment. 

4 minutes ago, detroitlions72003 said:

we have let a lot of guys walk I thought theyd resign. 

We would have re-signed them because they were cheap. They just aren't very good. Haloti Ngata was probably the best player we saw sign somewhere else and he's 95 yrs old and went to play for the Superbowl Champs. 

20 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Ebron is the player where you hope he has success and then doesn't have it. He then does stuff just as you're ready to give up on him to give you pause and some hope.. only to then crash back down to earth. The fact that we lost out on Aaron Donald and/or OBJ for him just makes the whole thing that much worse.

I would have liked to bring back Fells but that's a rich contract for who he is and what we would need him to do.

10 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Lions fans on twitter are horrible. We probably have one of the least intelligent fan bases. They have no concept of a salary cap or how free agency works. 

I had a longer schpeel but basically it boils down to uninformed fans wanting to see lots of splashes on the news cycle. Most contracts have been pretty hefty (great example is Fells). A lot bargains are to be had after the start of FA cools down and spots get filled.

I would have liked for us to bring in Hyde and/or Beau Allen but we might not offer what other teams can financially.

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I had a longer schpeel but basically it boils down to uninformed fans wanting to see lots of splashes on the news cycle. Most contracts have been pretty hefty (great example is Fells). A lot bargains are to be had after the start of FA cools down and spots get filled.

I would have liked for us to bring in Hyde and/or Beau Allen but we might not offer what other teams can financially.

I would have liked to have gotten Hyde for what the Browns paid for him. Draft a RB and see what you can get for Abdullah on the open market. 

I'm okay with waiting for free agents spots to dry up and getting deals. But there are fans on there demanding the Lions sign Suh or Le'Veon Bell. One guy went on a rant about the Lions needing LBs, as if they haven't signed 2 FAs and re-signed one of their own. Another one said the Lions needed to sign a CB or a DB. As if DB doesn't include CB and they didn't re-sign Lawson and Wilson already. Just ignorant. 

Archived