Haha21's One and Only Mock!

Haha21

Mock Draft 2018

Resignings:

·       Jeff Janis

·       Devante Adams

·       Corey Linsley

·       Jahri Evans (one year deal)

·       Richard Rodgers (three year deal)

·       Brett Goode

Not resigned:

·       Ahmad Brooks

·       Morgan Burnett

·       Davon House

·       Ulrick John

·       Demetri Goodson

·       Quinton Dial

Restructure/Extensions:

·       Aaron Rodgers (extended after the draft)

·       Jordy Nelson (two year extension)

·       Clay Matthews (two year extension)

Free Agency: I’m not a cap guy like several posters on here, but I believe this will be one of the most active free agent markets the Packers will have been involved in for a long time.

·       Muhammed Wilkserson (3 year deal)

·       Tyler Eifert (1 year deal)

·       Morris Claibourne (2 year deal)

Draft: The Green Bay Packers are awarded a four compensatory draft picks, a one in the fourth round,  two in the fifth round, and one in the sixth round. The Packers also receive a 7th round pick from Buffalo from the Lerentee McCray trade.

1.       Cleveland Browns- Sam Darnold QB

2.       New York Giants- Quinton Nelson OG

3.       Indianapolis Colts- Bradley Chubb DE

4.       Cleveland Browns- Saquon Barkley RB

5.       Denver Broncos- Josh Rosen QB

6.       New York Jets- Josh Allen QB

7.       Tampa Bucaneers- Minkah Fitzpatrick DB

8.       Chicago Bears- Denzel Ward CB

9.       San Francisco 49ers- Derwin James DB

10.   Oakland Raiders- Veta Vea DT

11.   Miami Dolphins- Baker Mayfield QB

12.   Cincinnati Bengals- Tremaine Edmunds LB

13.   Washington Redskins- Roquan Smith LB

1st Round (14th overall)

Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College 6-3 252 lbs

Harold-Landry-1494008743.jpeg

Harold Landry put on a show at the combine, showcasing his agility and speed that made him one of the best edge rushers in all of college football. He had a down year in 2017 compared to his breakout 2016 season; however, some of it can be blamed on a foot injury that caused him to miss four games. Landry has elite quickness off the edge. He’s not as athletic but he does remind me a lot of Vic Beasley coming out of Clemson a couple years ago, something we desperately need on defense.

2nd Round (45th overall)

Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State, 6-4.5, 256 lbs

Dallas-Goedert.jpg

The Packers finally find their TE of the future. Goedert is a supremely gifted athlete with strong hands. He has speed to stretch the seam and gain a lot of YAC. Green Bay has been looking for a TE like this since Finley went down. I thought Jared Cook was going to be our guy after his one and only season but we all know how that worked out.

*TRADE ALERT*

Packers trade their 3rd (76th overall) and first 4th (114th overall) round pick to the New England Patriots for their second round pick (63rd overall).

2nd Round (63rd overall)

Arden Key, EDGE, LSU, 6-5, 238 lbs

arden-key-e1499738022824.jpg

Doubling down at EDGE rusher, kind of similar to what Cincinnati did last year with Jordan Willis and Carl Lawson. You can’t have enough pass rushers in this league and Green Bay needs some more talent on the outside. Key has in large had a terrible draft process, which is why he falls to the end of the second round in this mock. At the combine he answered questions about his four month leave of absence at LSU. Apparently evaluators were “blown away with his answer” I’m not sure that’s good or bad, but either way the top overall EDGE prospect heading into the 2017 season has seen his stock fall significantly. Like Davenport, Key has all the intangibles you look for with an EDGE rusher. He is long, has devastating speed off the edge and really good bend. Clay is getting older and Perry continues to show us he can’t stay healthy, doubling down on Landry and Key set us up for the future.

*TRADE ALERT*

Packers trade compensatory fourth round pick (133rd overall) and pick (150th overall) to Cincinnati for pick their fourth round pick (112th overall)

4th Round (112th overall)

Tre’Quan Smith, WR, UCF, 6-2, 203 lbs

800.jpeg

While watching Tre’Quan Smith he reminded me a lot of Devante Adams. Both don’t have elite speed but they have great quickness out of the release. Jordy has a couple season left in him until he retires. By the time Jordy retires Smith will hopefully have developed into a No. 2 receiver.

5th Round (172nd overall)

Joesph Noteboom, OT, TCU, 6-5, 309 lbs

GettyImages-620354022.jpg

An athletic tackle that fits the mold of a Packer offensive lineman. Developmental prospect that will need to get stronger.

*TRADE ALERT*

Packers send fifth round pick (174th overall) and RB Ty Montgomery to the Giants for CB Eli Apple and a late round pick in 2019.

apple-center-122717.jpg

Packers take a chance on a talented corner who has worn out his welcome in New York. Perhaps a change of scenery will turn his career around.

6th Round (186th overall)

Azeem Victor, ILB, UW, 6-1, 240 lbs

4d1c4ef6-aa74-11e5-950e-a7ffd3b90f12-780

Talented linebacker prospect who was played out of position on the defensive line this year at UW. Before breaking his leg in 2016 many people thought Victor would be a high draft pick. After getting a DUI in 2017 he saw his draft stock fall.

6th Round (207th overall)

Joshua Kalu, S, Nebraska, 6-1, 195 lbs

5420749e3ca77.image.jpg

Safety depth behind Haha and new SS Josh Jones.

7th Round (232nd overall)

KC McDermott, OG, Miami, 6-6, 311 lbs

kcmcdermott-331fgd3z2s1kgmyndo95hc.jpg

Depth at guard/practice squad.

*TRADE ALERT*

Brian Gutekunst trades our last seventh round pick (239th overall) for a sixth round pick in the 2019 Draft.

Thoughts??

Well....I've often said I wished the GBPs did more wheeling and dealing.....and it seems you've heard me!
Good post. Will it happen? I've no clue (but probably not) In any case, I like the first three talents (mainly because I know something about them...so, caution must be advise) and they represent positions of need IMO.

So, this is my favorite mock so far.

I love Landry, I'm wary of Key, but love him in the second round.  In this league, you gotta rush the passer and defend the pass.  We need young pass rushers.

You got the tight end of the future, and he could produce some right away.

Got a solid WR to be developed.  Kept Cobb and Nelson.

I wanted a corner from this draft class badly.  You got Eli Apple for a song and a dance.  I like it.

Very enjoyable mock!

7 hours ago, Hands said:

A lot of trading and that is the good part. I just wonder if 14 is too early for Landry. He seems like the talent Green Bay gets when they are picking in the later parts of the first round.

I think Landry is serverly underrated by the draft community. He tested off the charts and I think a couple years into his career he will be producing close to the level he was in 2016. 

7 hours ago, Pugger said:

Will Key still be there at that spot in your mock draft??  I highly doubt it.

Maybe not, but there’s a top prospect in the draft every year that falls for whatever reason and I think that Key will be that guy. I don’t think he is a first round pick because of his off field concerns which will probably scare some teams off. Kind of like Randy Gregory a couple years ago.

Archived