Marcus Mariota - Camp reports, expectations, previews

titans0021

With the attempt to shift away from massive, general threads, I figured we could separate all of the Marcus news from the general camp news. Between tweets about his play, preview articles and just straight up Marcus talk from the national media as we move towards the preseason, I'm sure there will be plenty to talk about.

I'll throw some links in here throughout the night and probably transfer over some of the Mariota-centered stuff from the TC thread.

The best footage is still from the 2016 season and a few plays from 2015. Training camp footage doesn't look decent at all at least from the twitter videos I have seen lately.  He has every quality in the world to become an elite QB but he can't continue to start slow and less fumbles. 

I'm starting to think that virtually every fantasy site just uses the same projections. I legit just looked up four different predictions for Mariota, all of them had him throwing for 3,650-3,800 yards, 26-28 touchdowns and 10-12 interceptions. Virtually nobody willing to go out on a limb.

I still can't believe how good he is, this early in his career. Almost everyone thought it'd take him 2-3 years to play at the level he did his rookie year. Those predraft Kaepernick and Alex Smith comparisons sold him well short of what he currently is and could become.

The scary thing is, he can become even better. If he cuts out the fumbles and becomes more consistent, then the sky is truly the limit for Mariota. 

11 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I still can't believe how good he is, this early in his career. Almost everyone thought it'd take him 2-3 years to play at the level he did his rookie year. Those predraft Kaepernick and Alex Smith comparisons sold him well short of what he currently is and could become.

The scary thing is, he can become even better. If he cuts out the fumbles and becomes more consistent, then the sky is truly the limit for Mariota. 

It is scary to think that we might actually have a franchise QB that can carry us to the promise land.  If he stays healthy, he will be good. Just gotta stay healthy.

24 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It is scary to think that we might actually have a franchise QB that can carry us to the promise land.  If he stays healthy, he will be good. Just gotta stay healthy.

I'm just gonna say it as I continue knocking on wood like I have been for the entire offseason

If he stays healthy, he's it. The Packers game did it for me. The Tennessee Titans don't curb stomp the GB Packers. But Marcus curb stomped them. I will never ever forget that game. I sat there in awe and - just as Coach Taylor told Smash Williams - said to myself "he's going to take us all the way"

I get tears in my eyes thinking about it

Archived