Marcus Mariota - Camp reports, expectations, previews

titans0021

You got to give it to BR. They've really established themselves over the years into a legitimate sports site.

That article also made me think about something regarding Mariota that struck me after we drafted. How revered he was by former teammates, classmates, fans and coaches. Heck, Jeremiah Poutasi talked about how honored he was to block for him when he was drafted, like he blocking for 10+ year established vet. He's just authentically a nice guy, without it coming off as fake. Said it before and I'll say it again. I wouldn't trade him for any other young QB.

Most encouraging part of that article is that Mariota is going to have complete control of the play call at the LOS. He's going to be able to call whatever play he wants depending on the look the defense gives, should he want to change the original call.

That's unbelievable. Third year QB. Imagine that being the case with VY or Locker. Those guys couldn't read a pre-snap defense, let alone have complete freedom and control of the playbook to change the call based on the look they give.

I'll echo Slim's comments -- I wouldn't trade this kid for any other young QB. I was a doubter on draft day, but this is the most delicious crow I've ever eaten and I'd go back for seconds if I could. When you read things like this and re-watch those popular GIFs where he's toying with safeties and throwing essentially no-look passes...who else does that in their second year? Who else is even coming close to doing that so early in their career? If you ask me, he's the prototypical next-gen QB. And he's only going to get better.

4 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Most encouraging part of that article is that Mariota is going to have complete control of the play call at the LOS. He's going to be able to call whatever play he wants depending on the look the defense gives, should he want to change the original call.

That's unbelievable. Third year QB. Imagine that being the case with VY or Locker. Those guys couldn't read a pre-snap defense, let alone have complete freedom and control of the playbook to change the call based on the look they give.

I'll echo Slim's comments -- I wouldn't trade this kid for any other young QB. I was a doubter on draft day, but this is the most delicious crow I've ever eaten and I'd go back for seconds if I could. When you read things like this and re-watch those popular GIFs where he's toying with safeties and throwing essentially no-look passes...who else does that in their second year? Who else is even coming close to doing that so early in their career? If you ask me, he's the prototypical next-gen QB. And he's only going to get better.

I will help you with your crow. I panned the pick and I ate my crow then and will continue to eat it. For the first time since #9 was on the sidelines, I can say I am proud of the Titans QB.

giphy.gif

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/titans-burning-question-is-wr-upgrades-plus-exotic-smashmouth-a-winning-formula/

According to NFL.com's Next Gen Stats, Matthews and Sharpe were hardly creating a ton of separation. Matthews had 2.2 yards of separation on average, while Sharpe had just 2.1 yards. Both numbers were in the bottom 10 of the NFL. 

Makes you appreciate just what Marcus might be able to do if Davis/Decker can create space for him to throw.

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

This is a few weeks old, so I have no idea how I missed it, but:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000821406/article/marcus-mariota-among-young-quarterbacks-poised-to-break-out

David Carr projecting Marcus with 4,000 total yards and 35-40 touchdowns. Good lord.

Actually I posted that in this thread 

You commented in the thread also :)

1 minute ago, Farsendor1 said:

Hard to keep up with all the information now that they want more threads in team specific forums. It all gets jumbled up 

Yeah, that's my only struggle. Still probably a better solution than just rolling with four or five 100+ page threads over the course of the year. It's just tough for me to remember every thread I've been in, especially when I've been trying to hop around FF even more than I usually do.

Archived