The Trade Down Mock - could it actually be done?

Aztec Hammer

21 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Yeah I have already covered it in other threads but if you are one of the anti RB in the Top 5 but you are willing to take Nelson in the Top 10(especially for this team) then you're a gigantic hypocrite). Positional value is a real thing but a stud RB still ranks over a stud guard all day long especially on a team with 2 guards as talented as Bitonio and Zeitler.

In this case, it wouldn’t be Barkley vs Nelson.

It would be Barkley vs Nelson and three 2nds, a 4th and a 2019 1st.

Barkley also wouldn’t be keeping Darnold clean as well as providing a run game. Nelson does both.

All that being said, I’m not anti Barkley in the Top 5. No problem with us doing that. In fact, if we get Darnold and Barkley, I’ll be ecstatic.

I wish Sashi were still around. The Dolphins are in cap hell now and they have a highly paid highly questionable QB. I bet he could swing a deal to help them out with cap and let them go after a QB they like and we get a draft picks.

#123 for Ryan Tannehill and 2019 2nd

giphy.gif

Thanks for playing... 

Nelson at #11. Even I, (king of the take Oline at all times) would NOT want this pick when James and Vea are available. Not saying Nelson isn't a stud at Guard but we really have no use for him when there are 2 other blue chip players available. 

Also 6 2nd round picks?!?!? 

You do know we have players returned from last year's team right? 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

2 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

In this case, it wouldn’t be Barkley vs Nelson.

It would be Barkley vs Nelson and three 2nds, a 4th and a 2019 1st.

Barkley also wouldn’t be keeping Darnold clean as well as providing a run game. Nelson does both.

All that being said, I’m not anti Barkley in the Top 5. No problem with us doing that. In fact, if we get Darnold and Barkley, I’ll be ecstatic.

Just take the talent if it is there. Case in point - Wentz vs the 14+ picks we got for him. So far the jewel of the trade is a player we have yet to pick. One in the hand is worth two in the bush. Take Barkley. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

4 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Thanks for playing... 

Nelson at #11. Even I, (king of the take Oline at all times) would NOT want this pick when James and Vea are available. Not saying Nelson isn't a stud at Guard but we really have no use for him when there are 2 other blue chip players available. 

Also 6 2nd round picks?!?!? 

You do know we have players returned from last year's team right? 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

MC, read my posts following the original post.

On second thoughts, I would’ve packaged for late firsts this year or changed it to future year picks instead of having so many seconds. I realised this. But left the original mock for authenticity. I also suggested replacing Nelson for whoever your guy would be at 11. Even replacing Darnold for your QB at 1.

That being said, we are indeed returning players from last year’s team.

An 0-16 team.

1 minute ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Just take the talent if it is there. Case in point - Wentz vs the 14+ picks we got for him. So far the jewel of the trade is a player we have yet to pick. One in the hand is worth two in the bush. Take Barkley. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

I don’t agree or disagree with this. I see both sides. Barkley is a great prospect.

He’s not Wentz though.

Their values are so dramatically different. If we assume Barkley lives up to an Adrian Peterson or LT career...

Wentz has already contributed more to a team’s Super Bowl than Peterson or LT ever did.

Running back’s just aren’t that critical in the grand scheme of things, especially when you can grab a guy who gives you 80% of Barkley’s career in the second or third round. This year is a fantastic class.

Trading Wentz away will never make sense. Trading Barkley away makes a lot of sense to me.

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I don’t agree or disagree with this. I see both sides. Barkley is a great prospect.

He’s not Wentz though.

Their values are so dramatically different. If we assume Barkley lives up to an Adrian Peterson or LT career...

Wentz has already contributed more to a team’s Super Bowl than Peterson or LT ever did.

Running back’s just aren’t that critical in the grand scheme of things, especially when you can grab a guy who gives you 80% of Barkley’s career in the second or third round. This year is a fantastic class.

Trading Wentz away will never make sense. Trading Barkley away makes a lot of sense to me.

Trust me I see your point. I would be great to get a huge haul of picks in AND get our QB of the future. However, I'm going off of experience here. I can name all of the players we have past on for the promise of cash and prizes next year. I think it is time we stay put. If there is a player that is arguably the best player in the draft available at 4. Just pick him and call it a day. If we want to get cute in the mid first round, we have 10 other picks we can use for trades. Let some other team pass on a BPA blue chip starter for once. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

8 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Trust me I see your point. I would be great to get a huge haul of picks in AND get our QB of the future. However, I'm going off of experience here. I can name all of the players we have past on for the promise of cash and prizes next year. I think it is time we stay put. If there is a player that is arguably the best player in the draft available at 4. Just pick him and call it a day. If we want to get cute in the mid first round, we have 10 other picks we can use for trades. Let some other team pass on a BPA blue chip starter for once. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

Julio Jones... Phil Taylor, Brandon Weeden, Greg Little, Owen Marecic.

You’re not wrong!

Archived