They resign the important players and Gruden's man crush

Signed:

Andrew Norwell - OG

Allen Robinson - WR

Dontari Poe, NT

Tyler Eifert-TE -They throw The Dan's wallet at these guys

Draft:

1.13 - Allen, Josh, QB, Wyoming

2.12 - Traded with LA Chargers for 2.16, 3.20,  (Chargers traded to select Toliver II, Kevin (CB) LSU )

2.16 - Jefferson, Malik, ILB, Texas

3.20 - St Brown, Equanimeous, WR, Notre Dame

4.13- Sweat, Josh, DE/OLB, Florida State

5.12- Freeman, Royce, RB, Oregon

6.14- Street, Kentavius, DT, North Carolina State

7.13 - Lotulelei, Lowell, DT, Utah

7.23- Sam, Christian, ILB, Arizona State

Bruce Allen sees Josh Allen sitting there at 13 and just has to make the sexy pick.

Depth Chart:

QB: Smith, McCoy

RB: Perine, Thomspon,Freeman

WR:Robinson, Doctson, Crowder,St. Brown,Grant

TE: Reed,Eifert, Davis, Sprinkle

OT: Williams, Moses, Nsekhe, Clemmons

G: Norwell, Scherff,Long,Kouandjio

C: Roullier,Long

DL: Allen, Ioannidis,Poe,Street,Lotulelei

EDGE: Kerrigan,Smith,Anderson,Sweat

LB: Brown,Jefferson, Foster,Sam

CB: Norman,Breeland,Moreau,Dunbar, Holsey,

S: Swearinger, Nicholson, Everett, Cravens

K - Hopkins

P - Way

LS - Sundberg

ound 1 Pick 1 (1) Browns:  Barkley, Saquon (RB) Penn State
Round 1 Pick 2 (2) Giants:  Rosen, Josh (QB) UCLA
Round 1 Pick 3 (3) Colts:  Chubb, Bradley (DE) North Carolina State
Round 1 Pick 4 (4) Browns:  Ridley, Calvin (WR) Alabama
Round 1 Pick 5 (5) Broncos:  Darnold, Sam (QB) Southern California
Round 1 Pick 6 (6) Jets:  Mayfield, Baker (QB) Oklahoma
Round 1 Pick 7 (7) Buccaneers:  Fitzpatrick, Minkah (CB/FS) Alabama
Round 1 Pick 8 (8) Bears:  Kirk, Christian (WR) Texas AM
Round 1 Pick 9 (9) (S.F.) Bills:  Payne, DaRon (DT) Alabama
Round 1 Pick 10 (10) Raiders:  Smith, Roquan (ILB/OLB) Georgia
Round 1 Pick 11 (11) Dolphins:  Nelson, Quenton (OG) Notre Dame
Round 1 Pick 12 (12) Bengals:  Ward, Denzel (CB) Ohio State- In case you were wondering the first 12 picks fell like so.Well tear it up lol

Borrowing @mike23md's coloring scheme of blue for draft picks and red for free agent signings (I will add green for free agent re-signings), here's your updated depth chart (you left Josh Allen off the list!)

1 hour ago, TKellion said:

Depth Chart:

QB: Smith, McCoy, Allen

RB: Perine, Thomspon, Freeman

WR: Robinson, Doctson, Crowder, St. Brown, Grant

TE: Reed, Eifert, Davis, Sprinkle

OT: Williams, Moses, Nsekhe, Clemmons

G: Norwell, Scherff, Long, Kouandjio

C: Roullier, Long

DL: Allen, Ioannidis, Poe, Street, Lotulelei

EDGE: Kerrigan, Smith, Anderson, Sweat

LB: Brown, Jefferson, Foster, Sam

CB: Norman, Breeland, Moreau, Dunbar, Holsey

S: Swearinger, Nicholson, Everett, Cravens

K - Hopkins

P - Way

LS - Sundberg

Comments:

• Even when adding Allen, you have just fifty guys listed. Who are the last three on the roster?
  • I only parked Allen as 3rd QB due to the fact that he's a rookie. One would hope he would overtake McCoy in short order.
  • While I get that this mock is from the perspective of Moron flailing about to save his job, why does Tyler Eifert come to a place where he's competing for playing time with Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis? There's a certain point where money isn't the main driver.
  • This free agent class would violate my "one big splash" rule, but if they got Norwell and Robinson, I wouldn't be complaining too loudly. Worrying a bit that it blow up, yes, but that's from being a Redskins and Virginia Cavalier fan for decades.
  • I am curious why you think Allen would sign Poe (of the three who could conceivably sign here, he's my #3 (Norwell is #1, Robinson is #2)), and then spend two draft picks (admittedly at the end of the draft) on guys who would be competing for time. One I get, but two? Since you have the Redskins keeping T.J. Clemmons, I think it might make more sense to use one of those late picks on a tackle in hopes of unseating the big lump.

5 hours ago, Woz said:

Borrowing @mike23md's coloring scheme of blue for draft picks and red for free agent signings (I will add green for free agent re-signings), here's your updated depth chart (you left Josh Allen off the list!)

Comments:

• Even when adding Allen, you have just fifty guys listed. Who are the last three on the roster?
  • I only parked Allen as 3rd QB due to the fact that he's a rookie. One would hope he would overtake McCoy in short order.
  • While I get that this mock is from the perspective of Moron flailing about to save his job, why does Tyler Eifert come to a place where he's competing for playing time with Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis? There's a certain point where money isn't the main driver.
  • This free agent class would violate my "one big splash" rule, but if they got Norwell and Robinson, I wouldn't be complaining too loudly. Worrying a bit that it blow up, yes, but that's from being a Redskins and Virginia Cavalier fan for decades.
  • I am curious why you think Allen would sign Poe (of the three who could conceivably sign here, he's my #3 (Norwell is #1, Robinson is #2)), and then spend two draft picks (admittedly at the end of the draft) on guys who would be competing for time. One I get, but two? Since you have the Redskins keeping T.J. Clemmons, I think it might make more sense to use one of those late picks on a tackle in hopes of unseating the big lump.

question one-We have bodies to take those last 3 spots,I didnt count.Question two-If we were to draft said QB,I hope they would give him a year behind the other two to learn.Question three-I think Gruden would make Eifert the in line TE and line Jordan up behind the line and rest him to keep him healthy.Question four-They have shown in the past that they will over spend in FA.question five-I picture Street as a backup at DE instead of NT and LL as back up at NT.So more depth across the line.I would be amazed if any of this happened but I was bored so I did it for fun.We all know that another Allen will not fall out of the top ten again this year for us lol

Bruce Allen has seemingly lost his job as GM, then fired the guy hired to take his job, lost more than Cerrato, lost the teams franchise QB for literally nothing and still has his job. He doesn't need to save his job if those things haven't cost him it yet.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Bruce Allen has seemingly lost his job as GM, then fired the guy hired to take his job, lost more than Cerrato, lost the teams franchise QB for literally nothing and still has his job. He doesn't need to save his job if those things haven't cost him it yet.

Our Franchise QB was 8-8 and is gonna cost 30 million dollars. Much less he wanted the freedom to choose his team so he would have blocked our trade because he wasn’t going to try and help us out. I know we got nothing for him and that sucks but let’s not act Like Kirk did this team a bunch of magical favors. I mean he got his cash for middle of the pack wins and losses. Numbers are good for fantasy wins. I care about wins and losses. I am a huge Allen please get fired pusher but I’m not going to say anything about the Kirk situation other then the fact every team knew Kirk had us over a table. And personally the only team not desperate for him in his running is Minnesota. Elway can’t draft. Which is why their in cap hell. NYJ are just trying to find something better then average. And AZ is trying to find a way to make it with a older roster. It does suck not getting compensation. But Kirk took care of Kirk. He wasn’t in the market of helping the Redskins.

Kirk could've been dealt last year and you're kidding yourself if you don't think he had suitors. Blaming Kirk for the redskins failure to get compensation in return is absurd. The redskins front office botched this completely. 

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Kirk could've been dealt last year and you're kidding yourself if you don't think he had suitors. Blaming Kirk for the redskins failure to get compensation in return is absurd. The redskins front office botched this completely. 

They wanted him last year. They don’t not want Kirk now but he’s priced himself out of realistic expectations. We talk about the void in talent on this roster and that’s why Kirk didn’t win. That’s why he’s not a franchise QB! Yes he’s a good player but paying him a top deal and thinking we were going to improve was crazy. We can talk salary cap inflation and whatever we have to buy 30 million a season is simply crazy!! We did botch a situation not signing him early I give you that. While I’m sure there were suitors last year this team genuinely wanted him. It is what it is I’m not saying the FO didn’t botch it. So he can go elsewhere but good luck with those teams offensive cordinators because none of those teams have schemes as QB friendly as Gruden and McVay we’re giving him

So Lavar your saying the redskins were not holding out hope they could sign Cousins after placing the 2nd tag? They knew all along he was going to leave and not talk to team this off-season. I would like to know where you get your info from. None of us know the whole story but you thinking they knew 100% he was a goner is absurd. Ain't no front office that damn dumb.

Leveon Bell just got a 2nd tag, I'd just get a 2nd round pick for him now if I were the Steelers and just let him go. Yeah right, give me a break.   

19 minutes ago, Eric said:

So Lavar your saying the redskins were not holding out hope they could sign Cousins after placing the 2nd tag? They knew all along he was going to leave and not talk to team this off-season. I would like to know where you get your info from. None of us know the whole story but you thinking they knew 100% he was a goner is absurd. Ain't no front office that damn dumb.

Leveon Bell just got a 2nd tag, I'd just get a 2nd round pick for him now if I were the Steelers and just let him go. Yeah right, give me a break.   

They made him an offer and he didn't even counter their offer. How much more of a clue do you need that the guy isn't coming back? 

I've been calling this for basically two years. He wouldn't negotiate with the team at all and they weren't budging off of their below market offers. The only reason he made it to this season with the Redskins is because of the franchise tag. He would've left last year too. And yes, there are front offices that dumb considering ours did literally that. 

33 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

They wanted him last year. They don’t not want Kirk now but he’s priced himself out of realistic expectations. We talk about the void in talent on this roster and that’s why Kirk didn’t win. That’s why he’s not a franchise QB! Yes he’s a good player but paying him a top deal and thinking we were going to improve was crazy. We can talk salary cap inflation and whatever we have to buy 30 million a season is simply crazy!! We did botch a situation not signing him early I give you that. While I’m sure there were suitors last year this team genuinely wanted him. It is what it is I’m not saying the FO didn’t botch it. So he can go elsewhere but good luck with those teams offensive cordinators because none of those teams have schemes as QB friendly as Gruden and McVay we’re giving him

I don't care that they didn't pay Kirk. I care that they let a top 10 QB in his prime walk away for zero compensation. Tyrod freakin' Taylor was just traded for a third and you don't think we could've got something for Kirk last year? Come on dude.

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don't care that they didn't pay Kirk. I care that they let a top 10 QB in his prime walk away for zero compensation. Tyrod freakin' Taylor was just traded for a third and you don't think we could've got something for Kirk last year? Come on dude.

I know we could have. They didn’t want him to leave though. I get the frustration but what is done is done and I’m not gonna hold onto it. And Tayor got a 3rd from the Browns who have a bunch of picks they can reach a little bit. I get it though Lavar I’m not happy we’re losing a home grown player for nothing. But I do believe in Alex Smith and I just hope Jay picks the guy to develop in this or the next draft. This position has haunted this team since the Hogs retired. 

Archived