The Great Debate... Five Guys VS In-N-Out

Five Guys or In-N-Out?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Five Guys or In-N-Out?

• Five Guys
    • In-N-Out

I used to live by both Five Guys and In-N-Out burger. I liked both places as far as their burgers went, but I found In-N-Out to be a little more juicer. I still love going there when I go back to the USA. Really though, these are still in the fast food realm. The best burgers are always at non-chain establishments/mom and pop shops. 

It's not fair to vote because I've only had one of them but five guys isn't bad. If there was one in my town I'd probably go a few times a month but as it stands I'm not going to drive a half hour just to get it

6 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

As far as quality of the burger I am taking five guys every day of the week. But for the price you pay I'm taking in n out

Taking five guys every day of the week will probably leave you pretty weak omg imo tbh 

There isn't an In & Out within 500 miles of me, so I've never had it.  I like 5 Guys, the meat patties aren't anything special (never really bad though), but their toppings are usually good quality.  Fries are consistently good.  Of the strip it's in though in my town, I'm taking Chiptole or Piada 9 times out of 10 over it if I have a choice though.

Tried Smashburger once about 5 years ago and they did a really crappy job on it so I haven't tried it since.  Rude customer service didn't help the experience either.

The one thing about Five Guys is they give so many fries and the fries are good.  The burger itself isn't anything special.  In-N-Out is good as well, but it's nothing special.  I consider both of those chains above stuff like Burger King of McDonalds, but that doesn't say very much.

Hard for me to compare a place that has a drive-thru and one that does not.   At least where I live, anyway.  I'm either willing to walk into a place or not.  They are never both on my radar at the same time. 

I've had Five Guys a couple times.  It was alright.  Nothing to write home about.  

I prefer In n Out.  

I would pick Whataburger, Smashburger, The Habit, etc.. over both of them any day of the week, though.  

In & Out: everybody I had heard talk about it made it out to be this life-altering experience. When I finally got to try it, there wasn't one thing special about it. I know that California likes to take good food and make it weird, but is that really what passes for a good burger in the western states? 

I'm not a huge Five Guys fan either, but it's light years closer to what a burger should be: medium rare and super juicy.

Now if you want a fast food burger... https://www.portillos.com/index.html

Archived