Sign in to follow this  
whodatOL

Former Jets DL Muhammad Wilkerson to visit Saints

He’s been bad the past few years. Hopefully he’s motivated, because few are better when he’s in shape and motivated. 

I'm not sure if he would be an outside pass rusher. He would probably play DT next to Rankins and Davidson.

5 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

He’s been bad the past few years. Hopefully he’s motivated, because few are better when he’s in shape and motivated. 

This. He hasn't been so hot the last few years. He kind of went the Haynesworth route. Get paid, get lazy.

Anyone notice the Saints were in the mix for trading for Landry? Dang.....that would of been awesome.

3 hours ago, SWATcha said:

This. He hasn't been so hot the last few years. He kind of went the Haynesworth route. Get paid, get lazy.

Anyone notice the Saints were in the mix for trading for Landry? Dang.....that would of been awesome.

It would have been cool to see him in this offense, but I wouldn't want the Saints to be on the hook for $16m this year.

20 hours ago, JMG5 said:

I'm not sure if he would be an outside pass rusher. He would probably play DT next to Rankins and Davidson.

If motivated... (Big if), Wilkerson would be a major upgrade for us. He'd play DE on early downs and kick inside to DT on passing downs. He'd improve our run defense on early downs and give us what we were missing with Fairley last season on the inside on passing downs.

Cam Jordan and Mark Ingram I believe are close with Wilkerson dating back to when they all came out in thd 2012 draft so maybe the Saints can land him on a prove it 1 year deal.

14 minutes ago, Orleanz said:

Wilkerson just agreed to terms with the Packers

Good deal for them. 1 year for 5m with 3m in incentives.