What would it take for the Bills to trade to 2?

minutemancl

I've seen talk of a Bills trade up to 2 a lot from many different sources lately. I don't think that is any indication at all of the Bills actually wanting to do that or the Giants actually wanting to move back, but I think it is worth talking about. In these trade scenarios, the Giants always get way, way less than they should get as compensation. I saw one mock trade today that had them collecting only 2 first round picks, among other pieces as well, which is insane. 

So, what would it take for you to be happy with a trade down with the Bills? Keep in mind, the Bills hold picks 21, 22, 53, and 56 overall in this year's draft. 

For me, it would have to be this amount of compensation at minimum:

Bills receive: 

2 overall

Giants receive:

21 overall, 22 overall, 53 overall, 2018 3rd round pick, 2019 1st round pick, 2019 2nd round pick

That seems like fair compensation to me, at minimum. What do you guys think?

The Giants are in a great position and I am not sure I would trade down for anything.  We are in position to get either one of the best running back prospects we’ve ever seen, or the best quarterback in the draft (Darnold).  I go back and fourth on which scenario I like better, but accumulating draft picks by trading down is a distant third option for me personally.

Its not happening. Its too far for the Giants to fall and too much for the Bills to leap. Giants should not drop out of the top 10.

That trade is only off by about 46 points off (very late 4th) in our favor. We need the impact player, not solid starters.

2600   800

That is a bad trade for the Giants. I saw drafts that has us trading with the Broncos and then the Bills. That is also a terrible idea.

Only way I would consider it is both first, both seconds, and next years first. Its not happening.

56 minutes ago, Gmen said:

The Giants are in a great position and I am not sure I would trade down for anything.  We are in position to get either one of the best running back prospects we’ve ever seen, or the best quarterback in the draft (Darnold).  I go back and fourth on which scenario I like better, but accumulating draft picks by trading down is a distant third option for me personally.

I agree 100%. This is more a what if exercise as well as a good reference point for other forum members predicting a trade to happen in their mock drafts. 

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

In these trade scenarios, the Giants always get way, way less than they should get as compensation. I saw one mock trade today that had them collecting only 2 first round picks, among other pieces as well, which is insane. 

Yes, that is usually the way of these wildly-optimistic trade-up scenarios floated by fans of this team or that team, in which their team gets a Top-5 pick at an absurd price. I have seen that Buffalo-Trade-Up fantasy, they have the Bills getting the Giants' #2-overall pick for Buffalo's #21, an overweight Cordy Glenn, and a second-hand copy of Richie Incognito's Guide To Bullying. In other words, their team gets a premium pick for their original lower pick, and some rubbish they would like to get rid of.

Image result for Cordy glenn fat

Archived