Paraag Marathe named president of 49ers Enterprise

49erurtaza

The San Francisco 49ers announced on Friday Paraag Marathe has been named President of 49ers Enterprises and will oversee outside business ventures, advisory efforts, and major investment opportunities for the club. Marathe will also continue in his role with the 49ers as Executive Vice President of Football Operations, serving as the team's chief contract negotiator and salary cap architect, among other football duties.

Peter King said last year during the draft article that he thought Paraag was going to be a guy who was in demand down the line, and what he does, he does well, so that wouldn't have surprised me and obviously he's a guy that Jed really likes. 

This is great news to me. Paraag gets a lot of justifiable heat for meddling in the football realm of things, but he's among the very best at contracts. Lately it seems he's sticking to only that role, so I'm glad he's around. This keeps him around and gives him the extra ability to take care of things that frankly don't matter to me.

On 3/9/2018 at 10:55 AM, y2lamanaki said:

This is great news to me. Paraag gets a lot of justifiable heat for meddling in the football realm of things, but he's among the very best at contracts. Lately it seems he's sticking to only that role, so I'm glad he's around. This keeps him around and gives him the extra ability to take care of things that frankly don't matter to me.

How would he meddle?

Archived