Panthers trading CB Daryl Worley to Eagles in exchange for WR Torrey Smith

49erurtaza

12 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

This. Worley wasn’t good this year. Wasn’t really pushing for time. It’s basically a way for both teams to dump a player.

Yeah, looked promising as a rookie, but this wasn't his year. With a change of scenery and the right scheme/coaching, he could probably be a decent 2/3, just doesn't seem like it was going to happen in Carolina.

2 hours ago, james.mcmurry13 said:
2 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

This. Worley wasn’t good this year. Wasn’t really pushing for time. It’s basically a way for both teams to dump a player.

Yeah, looked promising as a rookie, but this wasn't his year. With a change of scenery and the right scheme/coaching, he could probably be a decent 2/3, just doesn't seem like it was going to happen in Carolina.

Have heard a lot of varied opinions on Worley.

Hopefully he plays with more consistency here.

Worley is bad. Lost playing time to some dude named Kevon Seymour. Complained on twitter about it. Had more flags than anyone else on our defense. Not gonna miss him.

Trading him for Torrey seems kinda dumb tho since we could have just waited for him to be released.

1 minute ago, Zithers2 said:

Worley is bad. Lost playing time to some dude named Kevon Seymour. Complained on twitter about it. Had more flags than anyone else on our defense. Not gonna miss him.

Trading him for Torrey seems kinda dumb tho since we could have just waited for him to be released.

TBH, he might not even make the Eagles Roster. This screams of dumping salary and taking on a player to "compete" in camp, not start.

With both Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas expected to get more playing time. Unless someone is moved between Darby and Mills, he'll be lucky to be our 5th. Assuming of course PRob is leaving?

Clearing Cap!

On 3/10/2018 at 10:05 AM, SilverNBlackFan said:

Should've just drafted the Washington kid from OK St

What's to say they still won't? They still need WR weapons and aren't even close to done addressing the receiving position after this move IMO.

Funchess/Smith/Samuel is not enough. I'm sure they'd like to get a real #1 and move Funchess to #2, Smith to the slot, and Samuel to be used as a utility piece.

Plus they need a TE of the future with Greg Olsen's age. The Panthers have a lot of needs.

On 3/9/2018 at 8:11 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Have heard a lot of varied opinions on Worley.

Hopefully he plays with more consistency here.

I'd be curious to see Worley transition to safety ala Malcolm Jenkins.  He's a solid tackler with good size.  Just lacks the speed and technique at corner to consistently keep up with even average receivers sometimes, hence why he tends to commit a lot of penalties (which is the real reason I think he got in Rivera's doghouse).  

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

I'd be curious to see Worley transition to safety ala Malcolm Jenkins.  He's a solid tackler with good size.  Just lacks the speed and technique at corner to consistently keep up with even average receivers sometimes, hence why he tends to commit a lot of penalties (which is the real reason I think he got in Rivera's doghouse).  

Has pretty solid ball skills too, right?

Archived