Eagles trade WR Smith to Carolina for CB Worley [arrested and cut]

4 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

So uh... who's going to be the slot CB with Robinson leaving? We have like five guys now who play outside.

If I had to guess, I'd say Jalen will be moved inside with Darby and Sidney on the outside. Then it's a battle between Rasul and Worley.

I think Robinson is the one guy the try and find some $ to resign, if not Maybe Mills, maybe a draft pick. But Mills would be the one who is currently on the roster. You never know what tricks Howie has up his sleeve though

Extracting every last bit of value before making a move. I love it. 

We all knew Smith wasn't back next year at this cap hit. He was getting cut for sure. 

Amazing how we were able to get even anything back let alone a 23 year old CB that started NFL games last season. 

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Maybe Mills is moved to safety? I can only hope.

I've been saying this for a while. 

I wonder if either of the safetys can be moved on from. Not that I'd be a huge fan but money is money. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

I've been saying this for a while. 

I wonder if either of the safetys can be moved on from. Not that I'd be a huge fan but money is money. 

Was looking at McLeod's contract. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/rodney-mcleod-10961/

He's solid but I feel like that's an overpayment. Maybe he's someone that might get moved.

14 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Maybe Mills is moved to safety? I can only hope.

Should move both Mills and Douglas to safety - let them settle in this year and cut the veterans next year. 

This is a good trade by Howie - pretty much got something for nothing and adds some depth/experience to our secondary. 

Archived