Eagles trade WR Smith to Carolina for CB Worley [arrested and cut]

I'm sure the Panthers are thinking on the same level. 

They just traded for a decent veteran with a very affordable and controllable contract for the next 2 seasons for (maybe what they think) is a young CB who doesn't have much future in the league. Perfectly reasonable to think both teams made out well. I don't see how Howie pulled off any amazing move this time. It was just a move. 

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Perhaps, it doesn't make much sense to cut McLeod until next off season given what his contract has been looking like. IIRC

Plus, there's zero depth now behind Malcolm and McLeod at safety. You'd have to imagine the plan is to move Mills, Worley, or Rasul to safety. Although, I don't really like that. We need a slot CB, go get a slot CB. We need a safety, go get a safety.

Da'Norris Searcy just got cut and he had a lot of success under Schwartz back in 2014. He ended up getting benched in Tennessee but I can see that as a quality depth signing for cheap.

With the CB's, we just need to find out if any of these guys can play slot. Maybe Malcolm ends up playing more slot.

Just now, Art_Vandalay said:

Da'Norris Searcy just got cut and he had a lot of success under Schwartz back in 2014. He ended up getting benched in Tennessee but I can see that as a quality depth signing for cheap.

With the CB's, we just need to find out if any of these guys can play slot. Maybe Malcolm ends up playing more slot.

If he's damn cheap, then I wouldn't be against bringing him on. He wasn't great last season, but not terrible either.

I think we should show a little appreciation for Torrey Smith. I know he wasn't always the favorite here, but he came up with some big time clutch catches in the playoff and SB. He also brought leadership and experience to the team, and I think he played his part for our success last year. 

Wish him the best of luck in Carolina. 

Archived