Eagles trade WR Smith to Carolina for CB Worley [arrested and cut]

Just now, Eagles $5$ said:

I think we should show a little appreciation for Torrey Smith. I know he wasn't always the favorite here, but he came up with some big time clutch catches in the playoff and SB. He also brought leadership and experience to the team, and I think he played his part for our success last year. 

Wish him the best of luck in Carolina. 

Word! 

Just now, Eagles $5$ said:

I think we should show a little appreciation for Torrey Smith. I know he wasn't always the favorite here, but he came up with some big time clutch catches in the playoff and SB. He also brought leadership and experience to the team, and I think he played his part for our success last year. 

Right, the only reason I had to think twice about immediately cutting was because the dude who showed up in the playoffs was the guy who we were all hoping he could be before the season started.

He dropped so many easy deep balls during the regular season.

@Eagles $5$ absolutely. He helped to bring a Lombardi to the Eagles, so those drops don’t mean crap to me. He was a great teammate and locker room guy, and an outspoken person in the community. Wish him all the best moving forward. 

10 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Stop being the voice of reason dammit. He caught a fleaflicker.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Right, the only reason I had to think twice about immediately cutting was because the dude who showed up in the playoffs was the guy who we were all hoping he could be before the season started.

He dropped so many easy deep balls during the regular season.

He dropped passes in the postseason too. He is lazy and flat out sucked last year. I couldn't care less if he does well next year on another team. In fact, I'm very confident he won't do well.

Just now, EAGLES3658 said:

He dropped passes in the postseason too. He is lazy and flat out sucked last year. I couldn't care less if he does well next year on another team. In fact, I'm very confident he won't do well.

This is something that's always bothered me the majority of the time. What makes you say he's lazy? Do you know his regiment, his dedication to his craft?

Flat out sucks? Yeah I'll give it to you on that. I only recall maybe a single drop in the post season, but feel free to prove me wrong.

Just now, Danger said:

This is something that's always bothered me the majority of the time. What makes you say he's lazy? Do you know his regiment, his dedication to his craft?

Flat out sucks? Yeah I'll give it to you on that. I only recall maybe a single drop in the post season, but feel free to prove me wrong.

I remember a few, I could be wrong. But he is lazy in the fact that he gave up on routes and I just don't think he would give full effort. I remember he wouldn't dive on loose balls and stuff like that. It is nothing new for him though, he did the same stuff in SF.

Smith was indeed straight booty this year. No denying that. His personal lows were consistent and far outweighed his personal highs. He even tweeted about it, mentioning he guaranteed he would bounce back. He ends up catching a TD bomb vs Arz (or Den maybe) the next week. He underperformed his contract, especially as a starter who played a big number of snaps. 

However, he did help to change an Eagles WR position that was in shambles just the season before. Sure, as a low end #2 he was replaceable. But what he contributed helped to bring a championship home. That flea flicker catch, albeit one of maybe two or three highlights of his all season, will go down in Eagles history forever. 

I think we expected him to take the top off of every defense, and it was apparent early this season that wouldn’t be the case. It is what it is, but put some respect on his name.

Archived